Volt gauge not working

nickleman60

Changed out the stock boost/vacuum and fuel gauge for a LX volt/fuel gauge since I'm installing a boost/vacuum gauge in a pillar pod. From what I've read and from responses from others who have done the swap it should be just a plug and play deal. Started my car up today with the volt gauge installed and it's not working, the fuel gauge is though. Can anyone give me a remedy or diagnoses?

Are yo using the lx cluster back? with the terminals that the prongs on the guage plug into? Or you still have the sc cluster with just the hole for the boost line to go in?

Are yo using the lx cluster back? with the terminals that the prongs on the guage plug into? Or you still have the sc cluster with just the hole for the boost line to go in?

No, the SC cluster back has the 2 terminals for the LX volt meter to plug into. "Mercutio" did the swap and said it's just a plug and play.

I know on my gauge cluster I can't as it doesn't have everything in place to support the voltage gauge...

Fraser

Look at the back of the cluster and see if there is a (i think) purple with red tracer or the opposite, wire in one of the connectors that goes to one of the terminals where the gauge goes.

Look at the back of the cluster and see if there is a (i think) purple with red tracer or the opposite, wire in one of the connectors that goes to one of the terminals where the gauge goes.

I figured I'd have to pull the cluster back out and give it a look.......just one more thing to do.......:mad:

Back