PDA

View Full Version : Rollbared Pony

Roadhawg
01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Here are a few pictures of the 8-point rollbar install in the Mustang. Now I have no excuses not to go faster.

BLOWN38
01-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Ha now you're gonna go slower! All that extra weight.;)

Looks good tho.:)

nickleman60
01-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Ha now you're gonna go slower! All that extra weight.;)

Heads, cam, FMIC and nitrous will take care of the slow part.................:D

Looks real nice, are you going to have to move your battery a little in the trunk or is it just the picture angle?

Roadhawg
01-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Heads, cam, FMIC and nitrous will take care of the slow part.................:D

Looks real nice, are you going to have to move your battery a little in the trunk or is it just the picture angle?

Yes, I have to move the battery box slightly.

BLOWN38
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Todd, you can come up and help me with one.:)

Is it chromoly or steel?

Roadhawg
01-24-2010, 10:32 PM

Is it chromoly or steel?

Steel /shrug................

frdlvr30
01-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Put the driver seat in and go weigh it like that. Bet its still under 3000lbs....Looks pretty good. So did you put the blower belt back on in the parking lot when you picked it up? Or did you just drive it home in "Valet Mode"? I know my tall body will have a hard time getting in it now...Rear end is next?

frdlvr30
01-25-2010, 01:45 AM

Is it chromoly or steel?

You better get someone that actually owns a Mig welder....LOL None of us can weld. You fixing the the drivers fender too before we go to pinks? Gotta look fly... The RV is a go by the way. As luck would have it, the only weekend off on the MX racing schedule was the 5th and 6th of June. So, it sounds like destiny. Im trying to get Jeff, the owner of the RV to come along too. Taking something that costs almost as much as a house makes me a little nervous...

nickleman60
01-25-2010, 07:40 AM
You better get someone that actually owns a Mig welder....LOL None of us can weld. You fixing the the drivers fender too before we go to pinks? Gotta look fly... The RV is a go by the way. As luck would have it, the only weekend off on the MX racing schedule was the 5th and 6th of June. So, it sounds like destiny. Im trying to get Jeff, the owner of the RV to come along too. Taking something that costs almost as much as a house makes me a little nervous...

I can weld......it just won't hold nothing.......:eek:
What wrong with Todd's fender?

Good deal on the RV.......no snooring allowed............:rolleyes:

Roadhawg
01-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Put the driver seat in and go weigh it like that. Bet its still under 3000lbs....Looks pretty good. So did you put the blower belt back on in the parking lot when you picked it up? Or did you just drive it home in "Valet Mode"? I know my tall body will have a hard time getting in it now...Rear end is next?

I would take and get it weighed but I'm lazy. I would have to put the Welds with MTs and drag skinnies to get the weight down. Of course I put the blower belt back on in the parking lot before I took it home. The owner of the car should never have to drive it in Valet Mode

BLOWN38
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
I can weld......it just won't hold nothing.......:eek:
What wrong with Todd's fender?

Good deal on the RV.......no snooring allowed............:rolleyes:

He's talkin about my fender. Actually the fender is not as bad as the scratches on the passenger door, IMO. But I doubt it will be fixed.

Another thread turned into a general discussion.

Back on track. I have a small MIG that I think can handle the job. I can weld ok when i'm not on my back with the car a foot off the floor, and trying to get to the top of the exhaust pipe that is 2 inches from the body. I think all I would need is one of them welding blankets.

How much it cost you Todd? I still not sure I want to put a bar in the car, but prolly will.

Roadhawg
01-25-2010, 11:52 AM
He's talkin about my fender. Actually the fender is not as bad as the scratches on the passenger door, IMO. But I doubt it will be fixed.

Another thread turned into a general discussion.

Back on track. I have a small MIG that I think can handle the job. I can weld ok when i'm not on my back with the car a foot off the floor, and trying to get to the top of the exhaust pipe that is 2 inches from the body. I think all I would need is one of them welding blankets.

How much it cost you Todd? I still not sure I want to put a bar in the car, but prolly will.

I paid $50 a point, 8 points $433 with tax.