adjusting adjustable fuel pressure regulator

91BLOWNBIRD

just wondering the best way to get to my adjustable fuel pressure regulator with everything together to adjust it?

just wondering the best way to get to my adjustable fuel pressure regulator with everything together to adjust it?

Removing the wipers and the plastic covers under them will make reaching the regulator much easier. I always leak test and set the pressure on mine before installing the blower.

David

well the regulator has been on there for about 20k mi and no problems, but I recently got 60lb injectors so I need to up the pressure...just wondering if anyone has any tricks to getting to the regulator for adjustments. I figured the wipers and cowl has to come off, but i guess that it is just challenge.

Why do you think you need to up the pressure because you are running 60's?

I ran an adjustable with my 42's to give me a bit more room, but I went back to the stock regulator when I installed the 60's.

Fraser

I was under the impression that these injectors needed higher pressure...besides that, Dave told me to raise the pressure to ~43psi...so i plan on doing that...thus asking everyone the easiest way to get to the regulator

Hock, awsome idea. i was thinking about doing the same thing, the factory position is absolutely retarded. So you just cut the base off of the rail and custom mounted it? very nice.

Hock, awsome idea. i was thinking about doing the same thing, the factory position is absolutely retarded. So you just cut the base off of the rail and custom mounted it? very nice.

Yeah thats what I did plus I replace the rest of the house on the fuel rail as well. I mounted it on the heater pipe. I did wrap it with header tape and made a heat shield to help keep any excessive heat away from it.

i see it looks like you have the supercharged and intake off in those pics? Anyway, you think its possible to change the FPR with the motor fully intact? i looked at it once or twice with intentions of putting an adjustable in but it looks scary tight down there.

i see it looks like you have the supercharged and intake off in those pics? Anyway, you think its possible to change the FPR with the motor fully intact? i looked at it once or twice with intentions of putting an adjustable in but it looks scary tight down there.

You have to take it down to where I had it to take the fuel rail off so you can separate the FPR from it. It is a tight fit and does require some custom fitments to make all clear but to me its worth it.

hang on, i just saw a pic of what was suposedly a stock fuel rail w kirban regulator. is the regulator base actually connected to the hardline of the rail by factory Socketless (softline)? so there is no actual metal tube cutting involed to relocate it?

hang on, i just saw a pic of what was suposedly a stock fuel rail w kirban regulator. is the regulator base actually connected to the hardline of the rail by factory Socketless (softline)? so there is no actual metal tube cutting involed to relocate it?

No you don't cut the metal tube, just the old hose and replace it with new.

You have to take it down to where I had it to take the fuel rail off so you can separate the FPR from it. It is a tight fit and does require some custom fitments to make all clear but to me its worth it.

what exactly did you remove from the top half?

im at a loss, i set my fuel pressure once when i first put the new regulator on there and I haven't touched it since

I don't see a need to adjust the pressure nor relocate the fpr :confused:

this makes about as much sense to me as relocating the fuel pump relay from the trunk to the engine bay :confused: can someone please enlighten me?

whats the purpose/logic behind this?

im at a loss, i set my fuel pressure once when i first put the new regulator on there and I haven't touched it since

this makes about as much sense to me as relocating the fuel pump relay from the trunk to the engine bay :confused: can someone please enlighten me?

so when the FPR collapses or goes bad otherwise its alot more pleasant to change. not to mention i like easy adjustability. No you wont touch it often, but when you do it will be rediculously easy :D. im considering it.

I put it there just in case I need to do some fine tuning with it. Don't ask if I ever will but if I do at least its easy to get to.

Back