Another reason the AWD Supercoupe should've made it into production

sts70004

Just drove my 89 5 Speed across Snoqualmie Pass here in Washington. When I set out the passes were bare and wet with no forecast of snow. When I got there, it was 3 inches on the roadway. That was a fun drive...

Just drove my 89 5 Speed across Snoqualmie Pass here in Washington. When I set out the passes were bare and wet with no forecast of snow. When I got there, it was 3 inches on the roadway. That was a fun drive...

pick up snow tires made a world of diffrence! when i had to drive mine for the 1season of snow in michigan.

a good set of blizzaks or such are ideal. the car actually does pretty good as long as you know how to drive on snow and ice as not everyone here in spokane does it seems....

Good winter tires go a long way..

Even without winter tires, GOOD all seasons (say @$200ea), i was able to make it up to a ski resort that has a pretty steep incline too it and a Ice covered Parking lot :eek: Was able into a parking spot that a AWD car couldn't make it into :p

But still a AWD MN12 could of been a good idea..

Another reason the AWD Supercoupe should've made it into production
How about another good reason not to drive your Supercoupe across Snoqualmie pass in the winter.:p

i have the cheap snows from tire discounters 100bucks a pop on the frount and they are the best tire i have ever had! im going to get some studded for the rear next week! should make 4 a fun gas burn out!

How about another good reason not to drive your Supercoupe across Snoqualmie pass in the winter.:p

I agree, thats why I bought a AWD Talon TSI. It kinda quick but gets me almost anywhere I need to go. And I don't mind that the road salt is eating it up either.

I drove my first 90 SC daily all year round at FT Drum NY.
2 LONG winters!

2 x 100lb bags of sand in the trunk with brand new Blizzaks on all 4 corners.

The car is AWESOME in the snow and ice with great tires!

Maybe... but i don't have another car. Just a motorcycle... Which was an even poorer choice.

I loaned my chains to my friend who bought my old 1990 Tbird and forgot to get them back! That would've made life a lot easier. I'm pretty good at driving in the snow but there's only so much you can do without the proper equipment.

i wont drive anything BUT a rwd car in the snow. some hard compound tires with blocky tread will suffice.

i drove a 92 miata all winter last year without incident.

Back