help please

artic94sc

alright so i just put in my motor got everything back togrther new starter and when i go to turn the key it just makes one loud click noise and all the lights in the car go dime. also when i touch the battery cables there are hot? i have checked the ground(motor block to body) thats fine. the battery is new... i need this car in the morning for new job please someone has had this same damn prob....

also i just tryed to jump it from the starter and still just clicking, i checked the flywheel i can turn that by hand so its not locked up?

Last edited:
check

the selonoid in driver side rigth between the bat and power distri box .... and or the selonoid of the starter could be too.. or the power cable from bat is touching ground...!

sry forgot to tell you thats a 95, i took out the starter and my friend held it while i was trying to crank it, and the gear popped up but did not spin?

issues

ok i got my starter prob worked out but now no starting... it will turn over and act like it wants to start but than nothing just cranking. i check for spark got that now it hit the fuel purge and it shoots out and it comes out while it is cranking so i guess i dont have a fuel prob.... any thoughts? need this car tomorrow anything would help.

bumo it

bump it..... i took out a spark plug and it has fuel all over it so fuel not an issue but would a crank or cam sensor cause the no spark or lack of spark to start?

Last edited:
Crank sensor would make it crank all day but not fire. Does it have the orig harmonic balancer?

The HB could have broken. Happens to all of these cars and then it will crank and crank and crank

i put the HB on last so i know thats good, and i took it off the old motor thats ran fine. plus there is no wiggle or odd rotation in the balancer..

Back