Tranny problems

ShawnSC1

My tranny is kicking into gear pretty hard. It seems to take a little to go into gear aswell. Like when I drive about 70km I am at about 2100rpm and then I give it a litle more RPM then I go into gear and the rpms drop about 500-700rmp. I am not sure if the tranny is going or if the tv cable needs ajusting. Has anyone had the same problem. And if the tv cable is the problem, is it easy to ajust.

One other problem I am still having is a whinny noice. It is coming from behind the supercharger. I disconnected the supercharger belt and a few lines around it. It still makes the noice. It makes the noice when I am idling in low rmps. Even when I am driving in low rmps the noice comes back. I hope somebody might be able to help out on this. Thanks

Has anyone used Lucas oil. I put some in and she runs pretty good. Some people say its not good to put in your SC motor.

Shawn,

Your tranny sounds like it's shifting into OD. Adjusting the TV cable tighter will delay the shift points a little. Adjusting it is easy. Look on TCCoA.com under technical articles and there is one on adjusting the TV cable.

The whinning noise may be caused by the bypass valve being stuck closed. Check to make sure the vacuum hose is attached to the acuator and that the bypass valve linkage isn't stuck against the back of the SC top.

If the bypass is closed the whinning will continue even with the supercharger belt removed.

David

Hmm I will give that a try hope that solves both problems. But I still don t thinks its that air valve.

Back