Looking for another Super Coupe....Ohio/Michigan

89SCGUY

Please reply to pwrtrip95z@yahoo.com if you have any leads :)

I have the itch to purchase another one...manual preferred but auto is a possibility. I live in Ida Michigan but will travel a little.

$2500--or less to spend. Do not want something that needs major work.

Thanks
Adam

Sc

Please reply to pwrtrip95z@yahoo.com if you have any leads :)

I have the itch to purchase another one...manual preferred but auto is a possibility. I live in Ida Michigan but will travel a little.

$2500--or less to spend. Do not want something that needs major work.

Thanks
Adam

What is your idea of "major work"?

Last edited:
Hot Shot

This is your lucky day! I have just the car for you!
'89 SC 5-speed manual - loaded with leather, moon roof
Drives well very smooth and is fast with everything as original except SC 5% OD pulley and accessory under drive pulleys.
NEVER been driven in the salt (stored every winter since I bought it new despite being Ziebarted) ergo no rust anywhere!
White with red leather interior - front seats re done in vinyl and show almost no wear, including the bolsters
Outside paint very good but could use a polish - front of hood is sand blasted
Everything works except the cruise control - I think it needs a servo
New processor (computer) PS pump fuel pump and windshield
Newer supercharger, clutch, transmission, differential seals, U-joints and adjustable shocks
All maintenance records since new, including oil changes @ 3k intervals
Bad stuff -
Oil leak in front of engine - I've lived with it for years
Dash padding has a crack and is deteriorating due to sun
Car has 217,000 miles but last (and all previous) compression checks have been good
Three small dings - difficult to see
Michelin tires are 1/2 worn out

Logistics
Located in storage at Lowell , MI
Can be fired up and driven anywhere today, but will not go on the road until April while I own it.
Your budget is exactly what I had in mind to let it go for.
My number - 616-915-7304

This is your lucky day! I have just the car for you!
'89 SC 5-speed manual - loaded with leather, moon roof
Drives well very smooth and is fast with everything as original except SC 5% OD pulley and accessory under drive pulleys.
NEVER been driven in the salt (stored every winter since I bought it new despite being Ziebarted) ergo no rust anywhere!
White with red leather interior - front seats re done in vinyl and show almost no wear, including the bolsters
Outside paint very good but could use a polish - front of hood is sand blasted
Everything works except the cruise control - I think it needs a servo
New processor (computer) PS pump fuel pump and windshield
Newer supercharger, clutch, transmission, differential seals, U-joints and adjustable shocks
All maintenance records since new, including oil changes @ 3k intervals
Bad stuff -
Oil leak in front of engine - I've lived with it for years
Dash padding has a crack and is deteriorating due to sun
Car has 217,000 miles but last (and all previous) compression checks have been good
Three small dings - difficult to see
Michelin tires are 1/2 worn out

Logistics
Located in storage at Lowell , MI
Can be fired up and driven anywhere today, but will not go on the road until April while I own it.
Your budget is exactly what I had in mind to let it go for.
My number - 616-915-7304

Sounds like a nice one owner car. I will have to pass as this car. It will be driven many miles a year and I cannot start off with 200,000+ regardless of the cars current condition, with a small pulley and no supporting mods I will be doing head gaskets in the very near future as well. Again appreciate the response however.

The original SC pulley is in the trunk, along with most of the parts I have replaced in the past 20 years. Anyhow, it sounds like you need a car like mine with a new or recently rebuilt engine! I do hope you find one, since super coupes are a real joy to own and drive. Mine still gets positive looks and comments.

The original SC pulley is in the trunk, along with most of the parts I have replaced in the past 20 years. Anyhow, it sounds like you need a car like mine with a new or recently rebuilt engine! I do hope you find one, since super coupes are a real joy to own and drive. Mine still gets positive looks and comments.

I agree I would go high mileage with new motor or would rather stay 150,000 or less.

Sc

Want to make an offer on a "roller"? That is a 94 Ultra Red SC without a powertrain. Excellent Gray leather interior. Cracked windshield. Was a stick but as I said the powertrain and all manual parts are gone. I was going to convert it to a V8 automatic but once the insurance company sees the "R" engine code the rates double. Besides, it is too nice to not keep original.
Let me know if interested. I am in the Detroit area.
Thanks

Want to make an offer on a "roller"? That is a 94 Ultra Red SC without a powertrain. Excellent Gray leather interior. Cracked windshield. Was a stick but as I said the powertrain and all manual parts are gone. I was going to convert it to a V8 automatic but once the insurance company sees the "R" engine code the rates double. Besides, it is too nice to not keep original.
Let me know if interested. I am in the Detroit area.
Thanks

Sorry I simply don't have the time,patience or space to work on something of that magnitude right now bud.

Not to hurt your feelings but what the he%% do you want? I offered you a 67,000 original mile car that needed 200 dollars worth of cosmetics and you said, I'll pass. You may be chasing a dream here. I think you may want to re-think your whole post and tell everyone you want a 2 mile perfect 95 sc for a dollar! Come on dude, get real.

Not to hurt your feelings but what the he%% do you want? I offered you a 67,000 original mile car that needed 200 dollars worth of cosmetics and you said, I'll pass. You may be chasing a dream here. I think you may want to re-think your whole post and tell everyone you want a 2 mile perfect 95 sc for a dollar! Come on dude, get real.

Wow I sure am glad I passed on your car ....good to find out the sellers is an A$$hole after all. Look pal I don't have the time to install an engine and a trans, don't want your, as you quoted in your ad "basket case" car either. I have nothing but time and my side and am in no hurry to by something I don't want. The other guys that have responded have been completely understand of the fact I was not interested in there car, you seem hurt and i am sorry and wish you luck with your sale.

Last edited:
He's a "tire kicker" Justin!

Guys please don't clog up my post with ~~~~~~~~ because I am not interested in your cars. I am not a tire kicker, just an educated car buyer who knows the history of Super Coupes and all be they are great cars, they can come with their share of issues.

Guys please don't clog up my post with ~~~~~~~~ because I am not interested in your cars. I am not a tire kicker, just an educated car buyer who knows the history of Super Coupes and all be they are great cars, they can come with their share of issues.

I'd say a smart shopper too.. Trust me, I've bought more then 1 SC that was in good condition with high miles that lasted me a month.. :( GL with your search. sorry to crap on your thread, just thought you needed some support! :p

I'd say a smart shopper too.. Trust me, I've bought more then 1 SC that was in good condition with high miles that lasted me a month.. :( GL with your search. sorry to crap on your thread, just thought you needed some support! :p

Appreciate it man...I am not a first time buyer of Super Coupes not did I just join this site to waste peoples time, been here reading and researching for almost two years. Again thank you.

Back