Putting cam sensor in. Help please.

justin

I am putting the cam sensor in my car and am wondering the easiest way to do it. The motor is in the car and it is pretty well tucked in there. I put it in once and all the car does is crank and crank. Any ideas would be helpful.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The crank sensor is brand new, just put it on. I am finishing putting this car back together and the very last thing is the cam sensor

If your changing the cam sensor, just remove the plug, the 2 bolts and then reinstall. It's that easy.

What have you taken apart? Did you have the timing cover off? Meaning did you have the CMP synchronizer out? The part that the sensor itself bolts to..

I bought the car as a complete basket case, the previous owner had taken the whole front of the engine apart. The water pump was taken off the timing cover, the cam sensor out of the timing cover and the crank sensor off ect.... Also, it is an 90 auto. The crank sensor is brand new but I notice the up shift light does come on while cranking. Does this always mean that it is not getting signal? If so, what is the easiest way to put it on since I obviously did it wrong since it is brand new.

Is the crank sensor gap set correctly between the vanes to pickup the signal? Also did you set the base timing correctly when you installed the cam synchro?

I am new to the supercoupe genre, I am a buick GN guy. I have no idea what you are talking about bud

Do a search for cam sensor, youll find something, Theres a procedure you will have to do to get it all right. If the whole assembly was removed before and the engine was turned over, of if it wasnt put in exactly as it came out, its probably out of time.

Back