Yet another post about not starting

justin

I have got the front end of my motor back together again. I got the crank sensor gap right this time, I got the cam sensor set right this time 26deg passed tdc. I crank it and it never tries to actually start, just cranks. It has a new HB and the upshift light is not on. The car cranks for about 10 sec and the starter just starts clicking. I know everyone is gonna say that it is the battery but would it do that if I have jumpers hooked up to a running car? Am I missing something else? Also, the starter is new. Oh, and when it is cranking it has a few good cranks then the cranks seems to lose oomph then comes back up a tad? Is that just because of compression stroke? :confused::confused::confused:

Sounds similar to mine and the ICM died, its either that or your starter is just worn out.

I just set the cam sensor in when I got to 26 deg passed TDC. Isn't that how you do it? I do have fuel and spark, but to me it is obvious that the timing is off because there is a poof through the Throttle Body. Can someone show me a pic of the coil packs with plug wires hooked up? I unplugged the cam sensor while cranking and it still acted the same way. I guess that rules out the cam sensor, right? :confused::confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

Any idea how to be able to tell if I am at TDC without taking the valve cover off? I was just turning it to the 0 mark then turning it back to the notch. The way I understand it now is that you are thinking I am 1 full rotation out?

you could put your finger over the plug hole to see if you are on the compression stroke, w/o removing the valve cover.

Corey

Can someone show me a pic of the coil packs with plug wires hooked up?

PlugandWireLayout.jpg

David

Yes I think you may be 180 out. Pull #1 plug and check for compression stroke and then check relation of cam synchro position. Set the postion on the compression stroke. You can use the balancer marks to locate TDC and 26

The car can run without a Cam sensor so just unplug it and try a couple times to start it. It will not run good but it is supposed to run.

I'm guessing the bottom of this pic is the front of the car? Also, the last reply was about starting the car without the cam sensor plugged in. Would that even matter if it is a rotation out? I have already tried the cam sensor unplugged thing and it acts the same. David, as always you are the man. Thanks for your help again:D

I'm guessing the bottom of this pic is the front of the car? Also, the last reply was about starting the car without the cam sensor plugged in. Would that even matter if it is a rotation out? I have already tried the cam sensor unplugged thing and it acts the same. David, as always you are the man. Thanks for your help again:D

Bottom is front. Top pic is engine as you would look at it from the front. Bottom pis is coil pack and is oriented like it is mounted

S

I could have been wrong about the Cam sensor but no it would not matter if it was wrong but not plugged in

Back