couple ideas you might want to read

hepcat

After working on my car I just couldn't get my mind off of finding ways to save money on mods.

1. That stupid bolt that holds the cam sensor.

How Do I get this thing out. Well here is an easy way . Grab some needle nose pliers and clamp that puppy tight on the bolt and turn it if you can't get enough torque on it. Well take a hammer and hit it. make sure the vice grips are tight on that bolt.

2. Don't have money for headers. Well you do have some local welding shops. Well if you take off your manifolds then you can have the neck reenforced with weld to open up more past 2 inches.

3. Still the exhaust manifold inlets have those crappy indentions that is effecting flow. Well take to your local welder and have them weld in the indentions and either use an extention for the bolt or have a reference point to weld to. This way you can still get the socket on there.

Well two and three require time to port but worth the effort to do if you don't have much money like me.

4. If the engine is out reroute those stupid power steering lines. The one under the engine oil pan is not nessicary. It runs from under the oil pan for no reason, then back to the pump. I am going to reroute the whole thing including the pump to where the ac is if it will fit. need to make a brace first. that's easy.

5. If the super charger and inlet to intake manifold is off. This gives you room to reroute that stupid coolent lines that run all the way arround the engine for the oil cooler then to the water pump. Well if you don't want this coolent into the oil cooler.
Do this. put a elbow that is a small 180 turn on the heater core tube so you can take the line the other wayarround the motor. You can play with that and see wish way you want it to go.

6. Well now oil cooler is open. Well hook up some hoses and somekind of pump to circulate coolent or what ever you use that won't freeze. Then make a small cooler for the oil coolent hoses. I am going to cut out an the ac condensor for this.

7. If you have an old ac condensor you took out your sc or other car. you can cut this to any lenght you want. This will be for my oil coolent hose.

8. tranny cooler well there ya go you still have some let over ac condensor to cut to what ever size you want.

9. Take away the tranny lines from the radiator. This is just making your car over heat more. So use more ac condensor that is bigger to compensate for the heat. You might want to get a tranny temp sensor to see where you are running for temp. So you can decide make a bigger condensor or smaller one because the temp just sits to low because of the size.

10. on all the ac condensor. you can also put some fans on to help control temps.

Well If you don't want to here my ideas please tell me so and I will not post.

Take in mind these are my ideas that I came up with so you are taking them in thought. I havn't tried them but I definitly will because I think they will work.

Thanks for your time and patience in this big post

Raymond

(just tried to help the needy)

If it gets real cold in your area, you may not want to take your radiator out of the tranny cooling loop.

The radiator actually helps to heat up a cold tranny. From what I've read, a tranny thats too cold isn't good either.

Aaron

tranny

Well in the tranny the reason they do need to be heated up a little is because of the very small veins the fluid has to run through. So with regular tranny fluid it moves through out the tranny slower causing slower shifts and the clutches to slip a little more cause it to where quicker.

If you take this in mind when your drive your car when it is cold it's hard to tell if the tranny is shifting slower. I very little difference if you pay close attention to it. Well it is also going to depend on the condition of your tranny as well.

Also if you use systhetic tranny fluid it is not as prone to change thickness as regular tranny fluid would.

Also if this was a major factor then you use a fan hooked to the cooler as well as a temp guage. Well that's needed to monitor heet. If to much heat then the fluid thin out causing less lubrication on the clutches and valves in the tranny. I have rebuild my tranny and have seen all and understand a great deal about it. I take most of what I say from exsperience of my own and not what othere people tell me untill I can prove they are right one way or the other. That's why I exsplain what I do so you can understand it better and see that I am not just giving you guys bull.

Thanks for responding and I hope that I can help save you some money. Well that's why I am responding here.

Raymond

Back