eec code 67

lowflying90

i always get a check engine light when i push in the clutch at a red light after the motor warms up. i finally jumpered the eec test plug and got a code 67. how do i fix this sensor?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi, Jeff.

Just happen to catch this question. I just picked up my 35th from getting a rear axle seal replaced. The mechanic said he checked codes and kept getting this. He found out he didn't turn off the A/C. :) So make sure your A/c is off when you perform the test. Also this codes refers to the neutral safety drive open cirucuit. If I am not mistaken, this is the same as the neutral safety switch for automatics that keeps you from starting the car in drive. You have to push in on the clutch to start the car. I would guess that the switch is bad. It's the first thing that comes to mind.

Good Luck to you.

Hi, Jeff.

The Clutch/starter interlock switch is attached to the clutch pedal rod with a plastic retainer clip. There is a wiring harness attached to the switch. According to the 90 shop manual, you check the interlock switch this way. After you have disconnected the wiring harness from the switch, leave it attached to the clutch rod. The switch has 6 contacts in a line, 1,2,3,4,5,6 from left to right with the connector alignment notch at the bottom. The clutch interlock terminals are 1 and 2. Using a voltmeter, check for continuity between these terminals. The circuit should be open until about 1 inch before fully depressed and then the circuit should close. Terminals 3 and 4 are for the cruise control release and 5 and 6 are for the electronic fuel injection circuit. There should only be continuity between the other two circuits at 2 inches before fully depressed. At least you can check the switch and eliminate it as a possible problem. Hope this helps.

Back