10% OD requiring bigger injectors?

bernie lomax

the plan is to do a 5% od js pulley & a 5% od sc pulley on my stock 90 SC...a CAI, 75mm maf & freeing up the exhaust is also on the menu...the question is with the 10% od would I need to upgrade my stock 30lbs injectors? if so, to what, 36 or 42?

Also w/ the above listed mods, would I need or would a good move be to get a SCT performance computer chip w/ different tuning capability? or would that be overkill given my mild mods? is the chip pretty tricky to tune properly?

your thoughts are appreciated

Last edited:
the plan is to do a 5% od js pulley & a 5% od sc pulley on my stock 90 SC...a CAI, 75mm maf & freeing up the exhaust is also on the menu...the question is with the 10% od would I need to upgrade my stock 30lbs injectors? if so, to what, 36 or 42?

Also w/ the above listed mods, would I need or would a good move be to get a SCT performance computer chip w/ different tuning capability? or would that be overkill given my mild mods? is the chip pretty tricky to tune properly?

your thoughts are appreciated

Why do two pulleys? Buy a 10% J/S pulley. You will get less slip. If you dont cool the air the 10% will make, the computer will pull a load of timing out. Check out a better IC. I wouldnt upgrade injectors to anything less than 42lbs. Yes you need a chip and you will need to figure out who will tune the combination for you. I didnt see a TB on there. The stock TB is not that great and you should match the TB to the MAF in size. Get a cone filter.

Ken

Back