Need good 94-95 Balancer

KillSwitchNY

Cant afford a BHJ. Need a good stock balancer, one thats not potentially going to seperate and blow thru my hood!
let me know whats up, located at 11756

Balancer

I have one off a 95 with 79,000. 100 shipped and its yours. I do agree with the last post though, go with new and be done.

Email me at travis@frea.us

Thanks, Travis

Buy a BHJ and be done with it.:cool:
you are very good at spending other peoples money i see, haha... dude my company has a wholesale dealer account with the guys at BHJ and i still cant afford it at cost! Its honestly absurdly priced but as we all know they have the market cornered on this one. I wish Professional Products or ProRace would make one, A non SFI Pro Products balancer for a typical Domestic Like a SBC BBC or SBF are about $90, i have one on 1 of my 5.0's and its perfectly fine. I have a bad vibration at 2 grand cruising and honestly i hear you loud and clear on just buy the new one which i normally go the extra cash to do it right once, but this car is the daily, i just finished up a 408 stroker for my mustang and need to complete my 383 for my s10 .... dahhh too many projects for a non established 24 yr old with a low paying job!!! going crazy :eek:!!

you guys that have the balancers, are they all in 1 piece and no vibration in your motor before removal?? just dont wanny blow however much on another junk one. thanks

It is easy to see if a balancer is still in good condition. The rubber elastomer will still be pliable. If you can't push your fingernail into it, then it's no good. The elastomer work hardens into a material that resembles hard plastic and generally starts to crack and/or push out.

ah dude... Just pulled off my water pump and said screw it im gonna go all out of the front of the motor and take off the crank pulley timing cover, balancer... basically everything i could access in 1 shot while the water pump is being done.

as for the balancer, SHOT. still useable for now but the rubber is solid and slightly pushing out in some spots.

and for any of you who have tore into the timing covers on these, is there a bolt hiding behind the oil filter housing? i have all bolts out including the tiny stud thru the oil pan, and the cover is still pretty solid on there.

1 more thing, i noticed a few people are using a cloyes timing chain set... anyone have any part #'s on it for a 95? cloyes website is horrible.... im going to try to look thru their dealer catalogue at work tomorrow, def something we wont have in stock =-/

you are very good at spending other peoples money i see, haha...

LOL....I didn't even see in the first post that you said you didn't have money for a bhj right now. Sorry:eek:. However you should still just get a BHJ and be done with it...:p

I'm sure you've seen this but just in case you haven't this is a "great deal" as far as BHJ's go.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110529

Anyways, I hope it works out for ya, Goodluck! :cool:

yeah i saw that , it is a good price considering with my discount at my job (speed Shop) thats how much i would pay. daahhhh i want one bad but its impractical. good move on their part tho by being the only ones to make it. arent monopolies illegal in the USA. haha, other companies just disregard us proud SC owners.

There is an allen head bolt on the lower right side of the timing cover. It is hidden by the oil filter assembly. Remove it or you will break off that corner of the timing cover if you pry too much without removing it. I think it is 6mm...

HALT!

dorman makes a replacement balancer for the gen2 supercoupes (94-95) #594-051

$120

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-594-051/

I can't attest to their durability but still a new balancer

DUDE!, you are the effin MAN. i actually looked for a dorman balancer a few times but couldnt find it for some reason. this is great. And as far as durability i think dorman is a great reproduction company so this should be as good as factory. Thanks so much for posting it up. now since everything is off the car now anyway all i gotta do is wait for the balancer to come in. Ill be ordering tonight. ill let you guys know how it looks when i get it sometime next week. :D very excited.

dave maybe right i just did some research and discovered some discrepancies

first off the gen2 supercoupe 94-95 and the sn95 94-96 v6 utilize the exact same balancer I know this for a fact from BHJ.. Im an authorized dealer

autozone listed the same balancer #594-051 for $128 for the sn95
however AZ lists a different part number for the gen2 supercoupes which :confused:

autozone balancer for the sn95 is the same as the summit site lists for the sc :D

however searching back i found a thread where blue94sc ordered that exact balancer #594-051 and it wasn't neutral balanced as you can see the counterweight on the balancer!

however, he listed the correct #594-051, but autozone has a different part number listed!!! :eek:

now im curious if that was the actually balancer part number or if he found that part number and assumed it was correct??

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56228&highlight=594-051

I have verified that the part number that autozone lists for the gen2 supercoupe is infact for a honda :confused:

wow the plot thickens, I've found some more resources that shows that the #591-051 is for the sn95, gen2 supercoupe, and calif equp 3.8 thunderbirds from 94-97 ?????? :eek:

wow i guess dorman is spreading this information and is not completely aware!

If i were you i'd call dorman and tell them the situation, let them know and see waht they say

I've also found a claim that the 94-95 v6 mustang has a counter weight on the pulley... this is a significant finding, i can't substantiate that until i find out more.

which isin't in my interest that up to you, but my offer stands just get a BHJ and don't worry about it again $360 your choice

dave maybe right i just did some research and discovered some discrepancies

first off the gen2 supercoupe 94-95 and the sn95 94-96 v6 utilize the exact same balancer I know this for a fact from BHJ.. Im an authorized dealer

my store is actually also a dealer for BHJ and i had a conversation with one of the reps about the 94-95 sc balancer. he said that he was not 100% sure about it being the same as the 3.8 mustang, and that they listed it that way because some of the SCCOA members informed BHJ that they are the same.

as for the autozone listings, from my experience you usually cant trust their application lookups. Point in case with the honda balancer that you saw. It sucks though, with our sc's, because no company really ever knows if anything is really super coupe specific or not, even when you call the manufacturer direct you usually get a dope on the phone who just reads thru the catalog that i saw in the first place.

so are we going with Dorman #594-051 does or does not fit SC. GOD I HATE THIS 94-95 BALANCER SUBJECT!!!:mad:

only way to find out is to buy it and spin her up on the bench and check the balance

i would be the guinea but our balancing machine is currently down

Back