42 injectors support

an auto, about 280-290rwhp, stick about 300rwhp tops.

If the only thing you are doing to the car is that much OD then you won't be close to maxing out 42's

But some things to ponder with that blower.

1. If its not ported, don't bother going over 5% OD on it.... it'll just become a heat pump and timing will be pulled and you'll lose more power than gain.

2. If it is ported PROPERLY, and you still have the stock inlet plenum, then no point going over 10% OD... again, it'll become a heat pump because the stock inlet plenum will not allow enough air into it.

Food for thought.

Fraser

an auto, about 280-290rwhp, stick about 300rwhp tops.

If the only thing you are doing to the car is that much OD then you won't be close to maxing out 42's

But some things to ponder with that blower.

1. If its not ported, don't bother going over 5% OD on it.... it'll just become a heat pump and timing will be pulled and you'll lose more power than gain.

2. If it is ported PROPERLY, and you still have the stock inlet plenum, then no point going over 10% OD... again, it'll become a heat pump because the stock inlet plenum will not allow enough air into it.

Food for thought.

Fraser
it is ported and am getting a mp inlet i have 75mm tb 76mm maf with 42 tube and
cold air intake 3inch also a double ic with fan

Last edited:
These numbers are still a generalization, on one car it can be more and on others less. It really up to the whole combination and how well it makes power.

He will be running the blower off my car that I ran at the shootout last year. I was running 20% overdrive on the stock block and with the current big headed/cammed motor. It was proven that I was pulling timing due to high ACT's with a KW double IC on both setups. 10 would be a good start and probably no more then 15 as Fraser has mentioned.

If the motor is completely stock inside it will be ok. Mine with mild cam (but no porting) pegs the 42's at about 5000rpm. I have 15% OD on an MPX.

Back