one thing after another ..... GRRRRR

ScubaCoupe

Today i get to work go to parralel park .... back tie bumps the curbs and smoke!!! shut it down get out .... red fluid im thinking tranny busted a line... get back in to start it up.... no more power steering.... and i cant find where it is comming from....

Bad motor mounts can cause the oil pan to rub on the power steering line and cause a hole. that would be a first thought. But there are plenty of hose clamped connections on the low pressure line that could leak as well.

i crawled under and couldnt see or feel a hole

I dont know where it couldbe from. I am sure the motor mounts are old and bad. I am just not sure I have it in me to keep pouring money down its throat :( 6 months ago did a tranny rebuild... 2 weeks ago replaced the alt. Now this. Its costing me more money than i can afford... But I love the car ... :(

lol it has only just begun for you.

I've spent more than I ever wanted on my car and it still looks like crap. after you replace a lot of the old sensors, trans., head gaskets and etc. you are able to go without wrenching on the car for maybe 6 months (until your fuel line has a hole in it from rubbing on the body which was my fault).

You need to wipe down the dirt and fluid from the underside of the car .. and then look for the leak(s). Might be hard to spot if it is in fact the PS line under the oil pan, but it will be obvious if it has been rubbing / bad motor mounts ( another thing to change ) ...

I just replaced my PS pump recently for a leak - I was afraid it was leaking at the high pressure line but turns out it was coming out of the pump shaft itself.

- Dan

I just did this on mine, the cost involvement isn't as bad as the actual time involvement. If you're on a tight budget I beleive the replacement power steering hose was $42 and a motor mount was like $35...this is all thru advance auto.

More than likely you could get by with just doing the driverside and the hose...again I would do more premenative stuff also, but also understand tight funds. If you can manage a few more bucks its ideal time to do plugs and wires aswell since you'll be able to get to them far easier.

-Tim

Back