Computer Flashing???

Quick Cat 89

So im in the middle of this swap and can't seem to get any help on what to do. I talked to a guy in Indiana he said he could "flash" my computer so i dont have to have all that crazy wiring and junk all over it. does anybody know anything about flashing a computer???

So im in the middle of this swap and can't seem to get any help on what to do. I talked to a guy in Indiana he said he could "flash" my computer so i dont have to have all that crazy wiring and junk all over it. does anybody know anything about flashing a computer???

When you start to upgrade the engine and change injectors and MAF and higher boost ect. You have to get a tune dialed in, to change the amount of fuel you are feeding the engine, among other things. Our computers require a piggy back chip that you plug into the side port of the ECU and leave it permanently. The Chip will save the changes made and overrided the stock programming. So you need a tune and a Chip.

A flash is when the stock computer is able to accept changes and save them without the need of a piggy back chip. Our cars are too old to do this.

What sofware and hardware is this guy you talk about using to tune your car. I think you will be much better off with a mail order tune from David Dalke from SCU. He has plenty of tunes that he can tweek all you have to tell him is the details of your engine.

Back