what do you think of this intercooler?

scxr7

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0428941575&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It is a little larger than the stock intercooler. It is the same overall length of the stock one, but 4" wider than stock. I was thinking of putting this in the stock location, except in front of the radiator since there is only 9" of space available from the radiator to the battery.

the core measurements of the stock ic are 12"/8"/3".

the core measurements of the ic I'm looking at on ebay are 13"/12"/3.25".

The ebay one is 56% larger than stock. It doesn't show the flow numbers or the pressure drop on ebay though.

I was thinking of tilting this ebay intercoler sideways (up and down) and replicating the stock upper pipe, then routing the lower pipe away from the exhaust (the normal style that everyone does).

with a boost pressure of around 12-13 psi coming from an mpx clone, will this type of intercooler be any better than stock? estimates on how much better?

i wouldnt think it would not be worth the time and money to replum for just that size, its not going to be much better the a stock single ic, you could do better by setting up a dual ic imo. plus its selling way cheaper then new price but yet they are presenting a new pic, im willing to bet its a scam for a crusty piece of doggy poo.

Back