Fog Lights Inop

Cyboman

I just got my '90 SC and the fog lights don't work. I checked the bulbs and they were both shattered, so I replaced them. The pigtails were clean and dry, and the wiring is intact (as far as I can see and feel). I turn the key forward, turn the headlights on, and switch on the fog lights... nothing. The light in the switch doesn't even go on. I checked the fuse under the dash and it's good.

Is there a relay, and where is it located? Could the switch be bad? Is there some other common issue with the fog lights and these cars? Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

those switches are old and like to go out, you can get a hand full of them at the bone yard, also keep in mind if your still on the factory set up then they only work while on dim, once you switch to bright they go out.\

try jumping the wires at the switch to confirm thats the fault

If you open the console lid you'll see 2 philips head screws that hold the top edge of the console to the base. If you remove those, the entire console surround with the switches will lift off.

From there its pretty easy to figure out on your own.

-Tim

Last edited:
Thanks, Tim. I saw those screws, but I figured I'd ask before getting too involved because it's cooooold out!

Michael

So I lifted the console surround up and guess what I found? Both the fog light and ride control switches were disconnected. I reconnected both, and both now work.

The fog light switch still didn't light up, so I took the swith apart and the bulb is burnt. Does anyone know the number of the bulb I need to replace it with? There is no number on it. Thanks.

Michael

So I lifted the console surround up and guess what I found? Both the fog light and ride control switches were disconnected. I reconnected both, and both now work.

The fog light switch still didn't light up, so I took the swith apart and the bulb is burnt. Does anyone know the number of the bulb I need to replace it with? There is no number on it. Thanks.

Michael

It will be easier to just get a new switch from the junk yard

Back