cheap 75mm tb, this is for real.

slowpoke

http://www.professional-products.com/

called the guy myself, (John) and talked to him for a bit, had a pretty good conversation. he had an order of 75mm tbs that the buyer backed out after he made them all. now he's selling them all cheap to simply get rid of them. he has polished and satin.

polished 75mm tb : $85 + shipping/ part number 69232
satin 75mm tb : $75 + shipping/ part number 69233

seems like a good guy and states it will be 3-4 day shipping to the stl area. he says he has an account for sccoa.com members of which these tb's are made specifically for our engines.

as stated to me if he sells out of these and more sc guys want them, we need to put together a group order and he'll make more, as for now he has over 100 satin and over 60 polished tb's ready for sale.

call 323-779-2020 and ask for John or Galen.

got it in, looks good, everything looks like it lines up and the tps mounting is adjustable unlike the stock tb. so ill have to play a lil with that.

with any luck my plenum should be done later today. i hope to have the new tb, maf, injectors and ported m90 on by the 24th. if not its still running good with what it has atm anyways.

the duel ic will be the very next must do. with the cold we have atm the max act im seeing is 92. im sure it will be bad by summer if the duel ic isn't done. just need to find somewhere around here that i can get some aluminum. it might also help that i just bought a 2100cfm 8 inch fan and plan to build a shroud for it.

with any luck my plenum should be done later today. i hope to have the new tb, maf, injectors and ported m90 on by the 24th. if not its still running good with what it has atm anyways.

the duel ic will be the very next must do. with the cold we have atm the max act im seeing is 92. im sure it will be bad by summer if the duel ic isn't done. just need to find somewhere around here that i can get some aluminum. it might also help that i just bought a 2100cfm 8 inch fan and plan to build a shroud for it.

still no plenum yet, they got it sorta done, its done enough that it can be used but the guy isnt happy with how it looks so he's reshaping it a lil to try to work all the weld beads out so it'll look more like thats the way its supposed to be. any case im looking at maybe Friday or Saturday. it should be able to flow up to a 90mm tb once its all done. sorta a shame now that i just bought a 94 blower. :rolleyes: perhaps i can get them to switch the mounting port over :cool:

Not to rain on your parade, but Professional Products throttle bodies have come up here before. I currently are using one but need to take it apart due to a air leakage I noticed during a pressure test. This thread here points to some possible issue with their product. Though at that price, I might buy a spare.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102157&highlight=professional+products+throttle+body

is that the only problem? thats no biggy, just remove the shaft, wrap it with a little bit of wax paper, reinstall the shaft with the wax paper at the location that seal is to be, stuff it with fiber glass resin or some other type of corrosive resistant resin. once cured remove the shaft, scrape out the wax paper, reinstall the shaft and there ya go, enjoy.

That's all I've heard of. You need to check that the mounting flange is flat, but that is a given for any aftermarket throttle body.

the butterfly did require some minor filing to prevent sticking, not in diameter just around the edges to make it rounded instead of flat, other then that its all good. the seal itself sealed up real nice with a tad of resin(about 4 drops). for about 10min of work it was and still is for the moment well worth the $85. cant say the polished version was worth the extra $10 though. if i was to buy another i would get the satin.

Can you describe in more detail what you did with the throttle body shaft? What kind of resin did you use?

thanks.

Can you describe in more detail what you did with the throttle body shaft? What kind of resin did you use?

thanks.

there is a plastic ring that i pulled back, stuffed the inside with cotton balls, then put a lite layer of fiber glass resin on the flat surface of the plastic ring and pressed it to the tb. hold it there or tape it for atleast 20min then let cure for 2 hours before use.

Back