All that money and it still wheel hops

So are you guys saying the wheel hop my SC has is common? That's good news 'cause even with the new Goodyear Triple Treads I put on it (130 bux a piece) it still has a slight hop when going over big enough bumps on the freeway.

That would probably help the wheel hop as well.

I'd say a decent drag strip wouldnt hurt either. Did you see all the rocks and debris when they show the cars go by on the ground camera angle... No doubt the Camaro is a bargain. Pulley, Exhaust and Tune for the Shelby and it will be like racing your little brothers Civic...

Nevermind, I think I am confusing wheel hop with the car just hopping to the side a bit. Sorry, not trying to change the subject.

The new GT base price is a bit more then last years due to the new engine. So take a lil off of last years price an dteh average guy that wanst a gt..Well hell buy that one. An all out performance guy would splurge for the new one

Or you can buy the old one and a whipple and come out at the same price and have more hp...Me ill take the new one

the wheel hop in that video is most likely contributed to the crappy tires on the shelby and the bad surface that they are trying to do that at.

i can tell you we beat on one of those here at work and they dont wheel hop like that when the tires are almost worn out.... ha ha

the wheel hop in that video is most likely contributed to the crappy tires on the shelby and the bad surface that they are trying to do that at.

i can tell you we beat on one of those here at work and they dont wheel hop like that when the tires are almost worn out.... ha ha

Let me know where not to bring my cars :( :rolleyes::eek: :p

the 2010 camaro has IRS and wheel hop is nearly non-existent. This was achieved by working to avoid resonance in the driveline. In particular, the 2010 camaro has 2 different lengths for it's axle shafts. A more effective means than what Ford did with the SC in trying to use two different diameter axle shafts.

the 2010 camaro has IRS and wheel hop is nearly non-existent. This was achieved by working to avoid resonance in the driveline. In particular, the 2010 camaro has 2 different lengths for it's axle shafts. A more effective means than what Ford did with the SC in trying to use two different diameter axle shafts.

Does it also have the isolator on the driveshaft like the Corvette?

Well my buddy in his 2010 ss that he races has blown quite a few drivetrain componants already.

The problem facing many is when you start upgradeing these broken parts. Beefier driveshaft, upgraded clutch...The wheelhop issue icomes back into play

His car does have wheelhop...But not near as bad as My SC was

I don't believe the camaro has a torque tube like the corvette, so no I don't believe it has the isolator. I believe, but don't know for sure, that the resonance is related to the critical speed of the shafts. When both the left and the right shafts approach their critical speed at the same time, the compounded resonance creates an instability that leads to wheel hop. But making a shaft larger in diameter, or making one shorter than the other, you change that shafts critical speed.

Now that is what leads to wheel hop when all other suspension designs are correct. If you start doing things like changing wheel sizes, bushing hardness, or adding power, the variables can change, and wheel hop can occur.

Back