PDA

View Full Version : nick's mustang

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2010, 03:08 PM
hey guys just thought i would show what has bin taking up most of my time i have bin working with nick on his mustang gt he got the bug about the time i started my SC so i have bin showing him how to do the body work and paint so hows it look for the first time he has ever painted a car

Chris

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2010, 03:11 PM
heres more

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
together we learned how to replace the convertible top was kinda fun something new came out good sorry no pics of that forgot the camera that day:eek::eek:
starting to bag it up for paint

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
base coat looks kinda funny befor the clear:eek::eek:

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
clear looks much better he did a great job

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
sanding and buffing
we didn't pull the motor but every thing else and painted the engine bay black

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2010, 03:31 PM
i think he was scared to do the bumpers the car is all buffed out and the bumpers are still in prim:eek::eek::D

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-11-2010, 03:37 PM
well this is about it for now hope to have the inside back together he got a black dash from a 2004 so we spent the day putting that in it looks great

Flip
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
It Looks Great, Nick's got a great instructor to show him the ropes. Your first Paint job should really be in an open air carport though. :D

SuperChicken89
02-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Nick's car looks great Chris!

Wish I had a downdraft spray booth to paint in. The draft in my spray booth is what ever direction the wind happens to be blowing that day:D Not quite an open air carport though but not far off.

Bryan

kamakazie_1
02-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Is Nick going to make it next weekend Chris?? Love to see it finished..

Looks awsome though even at this stage, I bet your glad it's about done!! how many weekends has it been now between yours mine and his!! :D

RJ

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Is Nick going to make it next weekend Chris?? Love to see it finished..

Looks awsome though even at this stage, I bet your glad it's about done!! how many weekends has it been now between yours mine and his!! :D

RJ

well we have bin working night and day to get it ready for waterford it will be there but not done like my car it will never be done :eek:

like me he needs to get the inside done but it will look great for the show tomorrow he will be doing the last walk around with the buffer and a real good cleaning and waxing

i hope to find some time to do the detail and wax for the show to :D:D:D
i told him he is on his own tomorrow :eek:

kamakazie_1
02-14-2010, 08:53 AM
That's great, tell him we look forward to seeing it in person!! Tell him we'll even let him park with us!! :D Oh wait we will be the TBirds parked in a sea of Mustangs!! :eek: :eek: He won't look out of place or anything....

RJ

debo92sc
02-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Looks good man nice work!

INDANGERED_BIRD
02-20-2010, 10:57 PM
well here are some pictures today before the waterford lakes show it will never be done he still wants to do the motor and the inside we will see witch one he starts first thanks for the complements he is very happy with it and still can't believe it's his car and it came out this good and he did it :eek:

thanks again Chris

kamakazie_1
02-21-2010, 10:44 AM
well here are some pictures today before the waterford lakes show it will never be done he still wants to do the motor and the inside we will see witch one he starts first thanks for the complements he is very happy with it and still can't believe it's his car and it came out this good and he did it :eek:

thanks again Chris

Where's the picture of the steering wheel Chris, what would make it official!! :D:D