Thermal Expansion?

Hock

Since I did the last bit of mods on my SC I have noticed something strange happening with the boost pressure. Normally it maxes out around 12psi but when I really get on it boost pressure will rise. The best way to explain it is that from a dead stop all the way through 3rd it will stay around 12psi but when I hit 4th and beyond it rises up to around 14psi. Would this be thermal expansion bue to a heat soaked intercooler or something else going on? It does have a 5% pulley on it and other mods as well (still on stock exhaust for a little bit longer). This, though, is the only thing that I can think may be the problem. Also, this was happening before I ported the S/C too.

Since I did the last bit of mods on my SC I have noticed something strange happening with the boost pressure. Normally it maxes out around 12psi but when I really get on it boost pressure will rise. The best way to explain it is that from a dead stop all the way through 3rd it will stay around 12psi but when I hit 4th and beyond it rises up to around 14psi. Would this be thermal expansion bue to a heat soaked intercooler or something else going on? It does have a 5% pulley on it and other mods as well (still on stock exhaust for a little bit longer). This, though, is the only thing that I can think may be the problem. Also, this was happening before I ported the S/C too.

Nope you have too much backpressure due to the engine not being able to process the air. IE stock heads and exhaust.

Back