95 sc. another crank but no start

bigshaw81

Any help would be appreciated. I have have a 95 sc that i just recently bought. i bought it not runnin, person said it needed head gaskets. pulled the heads had them checked and they got resurfaced. installed all new gaskets. im sure the car is put back together right, went by the book. the car cranks but wont start. replaced the crank sensor, fuel pump, had the dis module tested, tested good. got a spark tester tool, it fired all the way across, but the spark was orange not a nice blue or white. could it be weak spark? it has 41lbs of fuel pressure at the schrader valve. ive done some readin that the car will run if the cam sensor is bad, mine wont run at all so i kind of ruled that out. any suggestions anyone? also wont run with the maf sensor unplugged, and rented a code scanner and showing no bad codes. thanks

Based on the fact that you have fuel and spark it sounds to me like a sensor issue. My instinct says the crank sensor based on what you've described, perhaps even a bad balancer. Have you checked either of these? If either of these are bad the car will crank and crank but will never fire.

Also may want to check firing order (some books have it listed wrong) - car should still fire and run if wrong, will just back fire. Also never hurts to verify the cam positioning. If you did a headgasket job you probably didn't touch this but not hard to verify.

Firing Order
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=452963&postcount=2

Cam Sensor Position
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69628&highlight=Cam+sensor+position

-Tim

i did replace the crank sensor already. i did some reading on some other forums and theyre claiming thatif the cam sensor is bad that the car will still run. it will run bad but it will run. my wont do anything but crank over, i cant even get it to backfire. all the bolts are in the balancer and it doesnt wobble when the engine is turning over

you said you had the heads off. did you hook the ground on the injector harness back up. it is a ground wire on back side of driver side head. if this is not grounded the injectors will not work.

Back