trac loc

cato

where do I look to see if a car has a trac lock rear end on it? I remember seeing something about it before, but can't find it now; also are mark 8's trac-locks?

Last edited:
cato said:
where do I look to see if a car has a trac lock rear end on it? I remember seeing something about it before, but can't find it now; also are mark 8's trac-locks?

All SC's had a Trac-Lok, EXCEPT the ones that had Traction Control. They had an open differential.

68COUGAR

only some Mark VIIIs are limited slip, tag number on the diff says something like 3L27 if it does, "L" stands for lock(or whatever) and 3:27 is the ratio

Do you know what years and models of Mark VIII had traction-lok? I was under the impression that ALL Mark VIIIs were open diffs due to the electronic traction assist on the cars. But I am always open to learn something new about these cars and their relatives! LOL

I dont know if any were, thats why I told him how to check the tags just in case I missed something:D.

I just checked my buyers guides, as far as I know there were 3:07 open diffs on the regular VIII with traction assist as an option, and 3:27s in an open diff also with traction assist as an option on the LSCs(sometime around 94/95). I've bought a few 3:07s and swapped the trac-loc carriers into them, never have personally seen the LSCs diffs.

Back