3.8SC inside an S-10

Digitalchaos

3.8SC engine inside an S-10 truck/blazer

Would this be possible, or could it be made possible without spending unholy quantities of money? Has anyone ever seen this or something similar done? What would be necessary? Just wondering...

Last edited:
Theres a guy that posts here that put one in a Ranger, so I'm sure it's possible. Would have to swap trannys with it, and do some custom modifying.

Thomas

Anything is possible, but by the time you got done, wouldn't it make more sense to buy a typhoon/cyclone 4.3l turbo that is 4wd and considerably more HP than an SC?

Chevy tuff with Ford stuff! (tm)

That is the information I currently seek; its cost and possibility. I have a friend who is interested in doing this; and owns an S-10 truck and has an SC engine/5spd trans available. I wonder what kind of modification would be necessary fit a Ford engine into a Chevy small truck platform.

Then it could be Chevy tough with Ford stuff!!

Last edited:
well

Well putting in the 5 speed setup will prove to be the most challenging...An Auto would make it much easier..If hes good with a welder cost shouldnt be that much if he has all the parts..Oh and a hell of a lot of time;O)

some guy has a 5.0 Moosetang engine in one, want a link. Also another guy bought an engine I wanted:mad: (SC V6) and put one in, dont know how it turned out though:confused:

Back