MPx from Magnum Powers

Condor232

I'm looking at the MPx on the MP website. They have a complete MPx Supercharger with GTP coated rotors assembled with rebuilt snout PLUS Matching Intake Plenum.

Now, besides a top, pulley, and of course IC tubes, is this a complete package?

I'm looking at the MPx on the MP website. They have a complete MPx Supercharger with GTP coated rotors assembled with rebuilt snout PLUS Matching Intake Plenum.

Now, besides a top, pulley, and of course IC tubes, is this a complete package?

What you mean by complete package? Complete package to just bolt the MPX on your car and call it a day.....? NO

Your goin to need a bunch of other parts such new pullies, trottle body, egr extension if your car has egr, etc....

The magnum powers "power pack 1" is a bolt on, but still, your goin to need supporting mods such as fuel pump, a tune, injectors, MAF, exhuast, new headgaskets w/ arp studs.....etc.

Basically, you cant just go to a MPX unless your car is ready.:D

What you mean by complete package? Complete package to just bolt the MPX on your car and call it a day.....? NO

Your goin to need a bunch of other parts such new pullies, trottle body, egr extension if your car has egr, etc....

The magnum powers "power pack 1" is a bolt on, but still, your goin to need supporting mods such as fuel pump, a tune, injectors, MAF, exhuast, new headgaskets w/ arp studs.....etc.

Basically, you cant just go to a MPX unless your car is ready.:D

I should have worded it differently. A complete package speaking about just the supercharger. It comes with case, rotors, plenum, and snout. Besides a top, any pieces missing off of this?

The car will be ready to support/accomodate the MPx, no worries :)

It is a bolt in and go. Just swap over old parts, pulley, throttle, bypass valve, etc. And your ready to go.

I should have worded it differently. A complete package speaking about just the supercharger. It comes with case, rotors, plenum, and snout. Besides a top, any pieces missing off of this?

The car will be ready to support/accomodate the MPx, no worries :)

Yes, as for the supercharger. dont for get about a 85mm TB, and bigger cold air if you dont already have those parts

I suggest getting a 10rib pulley setup or your goin to have all kinds of belt slipping

http://www.magnumpowers.com/tbrd_MPx.php

Last edited:
Also the 2 rear bolts for the MPX that are supplied are a little hard to get into place. They dont have an unthreaded tip like the stock ones, and you can't reuse the stockers as they are too short.

Also the 2 rear bolts for the MPX that are supplied are a little hard to get into place. They dont have an unthreaded tip like the stock ones, and you can't reuse the stockers as they are too short.

Hard to get into place even if the motor is out of the car? Or just a tight fit while its in there?

Might be a little easier. I did mine with the motor in the car. If the supercharger is even a slight bit sideways the bolt will not enter the threads. Pretty much have to get it dead center, but there is no real way to see if you have it dead center over the threads. You could try bolting to the intake manifold before you put it on the car. Then drawing a line around it.

Back