??????something happened??????

pickel69

ok havent had any problems with my sc for some time now except the minor normal thing but today i was driving around for a couple hours and all the sudden my sc sounded like it back fired then i lost power to the pedel for a second or two then it came back for a second and then stalled out i coasted into a parking lot and tried to fire it back up it then would crank for a second and then while cranking it would come to a complete stop for a moment and start cranking again me and a friend thought it was sim problem i had before so i took the ignition module and battery out and had it tested both tested fine so now i am at a loss can any one help

our ignitions systems are pretty basic, but hearing a BANG :eek:
not a good sign, that throws up a red flag, something is more than likely broken, i'd check the crank, grab the balancer and see if you can pull the crank in and out of the engine, should have anywhere from .005-.012" of endplay so it should virtually not move

when cranking make sure the check engine light and the the upshift light turn off, if they don't then the crank sensor isin't getting a signal, doesn't mean the crank sensor is bad though, could be the crank broken i've seen it happen

if everything seems to be in order, then the engine should fire up, verify your getting fuel at the rail by pressing the shrader valve, thats the valve on the passenger side rail that should have a cap on it, its visually identical to a tire valve

still if there was a bang then that means something didn't agree, i wouldn't look past the rockers, those tend to bang when they fail

good luck with your sc hope everything works out for the best

sorry forgot to mention i did check the fuel and the bang sounded like a backfire in the exhaust when cranking all the lights on dash r off also i hve another ? if i chang the temp of the heater from 90 to anything lower then 80 the heat goes cold and it reads E7 any ideas what E7 is

still need help ive replaced starter cable's and battery cable's it now is cranking better but still no start but when cranking its acting like it wants to fire ive checked the fuel pressure its at 40 lbs ive checked for spark its good on all cylenders i took a spark plug out to see if there was fuel on it when i pulled the plug it was black and wet but stayed wet for the 20 min it was out didnt seem like it was fuel so now i really dont no what to do a friend sugested the eec was bad can any one help

Sounds like a broken balancer. Did you check to see if the crank bolt was still there or if you could move the crank pulley around ?

yes i checked for play in the pully there was none have not checked for the bolt yet

Sometimes the portion of the balancer that slides over the crank shaft breaks and the rest of the balancer and pulley are still held in place by the crank bolt and washer. With this situation the balancer orentation to the crank will usually be out of phase, causing the spark to be triggered at the wrong time.

Suggest removing the belts and do a closer inspection of the balancer. Any wobble of the crank pulley when trying to start the motor is a good indication that the balancer has failed.

David

could it be the sensor i was reading some of the other threads with sim situations and they sugested the sensor does it sound like that could be the prob

could it be the sensor i was reading some of the other threads with sim situations and they sugested the sensor does it sound like that could be the prob

If the balancer wobbles it can damage the crank sensor or loose contact with it. But a bad sensor usually just quits working completly (no spark), so I don't think that is the problem.

David

Back