Rear Upper Arm Bushings

XxSlowpokexX

Do the eccentric bushings ever go bad? I'm just curious as its the one bushing set I havent replaced or even closely looked at yet

Heres mine at 140k. I could wiggle the arm over 1/4in back and forth.

Corey

Attachments

• P1512090001.jpg
    P1512090001.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 119
  • P1812090001.jpg
    P1812090001.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 95
the ones in my mark viii went bad around 94k miles. (18's, dropped, 265w pirellis, addco bar, 3.73s) Most likely from the mods, being 12 years old at the time, and some serious traction and stress
The rubber in the bushing actually broke free from the metal sleeve. So the eccentric would turn for an aligntment, but after a few miles it would lose its alignment. I got a low mileage set already pressed in the arms if interested.

When I got to rebuilding the suspension, my rear upper control arm bushings were so bad they wallowed out the hole in the arm. I had to buy the control arms with the bushings.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX Sport

My carf only has 57,XXX miles on it but with SC's it seems the miles dont always matter when it comes to these cars. I was just curious as I never checked mine and Im trying to buttom everything up on the car. Seems I just need to check em out. The car really wasnt abused and was garaged for most of its life. But its old.

My carf only has 57,XXX miles on it but with SC's it seems the miles dont always matter when it comes to these cars. I was just curious as I never checked mine and Im trying to buttom everything up on the car. Seems I just need to check em out. The car really wasnt abused and was garaged for most of its life. But its old.

I looked quickly at yours when we did the Delrin, I didn't see or feel an issue.

Doug..I should have asked you! Im currently going to upgrade the rear bar to an 89 version with new swaybar bushings when I do my cobra rear diff. I figured while I was back there I might as well change what needs to be done.

Darn it I just noticed that mine is blown on the right side of the black car. I guess I gotta take them out and change them. 122k on these. Im pretty sure the 275 put the last nail on them them.

Back