pulley set

artic94sc

Auto Specialties Underdrive Pulley Set, where are these from and the set is that the crank pulley, water pump pulley and the sc pulley?

They are made by ASP and I think you can get them from Summit or SCP. It includes an aluminum crank pulley, steel water pump and alternator pulley.

Underdrive pulley sets have been known to add about 15hp. As for the blower pulley, really need more information on what you have.

sc

mostly stock, new gaskets and costum exhaust. no res, y pipe to single flowmaster dual out to straight pipes out the rear.

the 5%od is 3 1/4inch pulley, stock is 3 1/2 and 10% is 3 inches. make sure you get a bolt on pulley not a press on. scp is one of a few places you can get an aluminum pulley from. marsh has od pulleys but they are all steel.

make sure when adding an od pulley that you have an ic fan aswell.

you'll need a 3 claw puller or better to remove the stock pulley, and chances are its on there so tight you'll destroy it taking it off after 20 years of sitting on that shaft.

it never hurts to get a snout rebuild either, i think stiegemeiers does it for around $150. when they did mine they even placed the aluminum pick up inside with steel. and gave me a Teflon connector to the gear drive. its far better then the stock plastic one inside the snout.
http://www.stiegemeier.com/dyno.html

with a %5 od you wont have to change your belt size either, i, along with almost everyone else here highly recommend you get new heavy duty springs for your tensioner or all new tensioners. after so many years they just dont provide the same amount of tension anymore.

All supercharger pulleys are press fit, steel or aluminum. I have removed many stock pulleys and never damaged one shaft, just use a good 3 jaw puller. Just slide your new pulley on as far as it will go, then run the nut down to seat the pulley all the way.

With just 5% no other modifications or add ons are absolutely necessary, but an IC fan would be your next benefit.

All supercharger pulleys are press fit, steel or aluminum. I have removed many stock pulleys and never damaged one shaft, just use a good 3 jaw puller. Just slide your new pulley on as far as it will go, then run the nut down to seat the pulley all the way.

With just 5% no other modifications or add ons are absolutely necessary, but an IC fan would be your next benefit.

i wasnt saying the shaft would get hurt, i was saying the pulleys do most times, and what i meant by the press on or bolts on is most pulleys dont have the groove in the middle like ours do, so to keep an eye out for that :)

Back