gauge pics

nickleman60

I got 4 out of 5 hooked up today, oil pressure, water temp, vacuum/boost and air inlet temp. Now i need to get the bungs welded to the headers so I can hook up the wideband O2. I also got the LX volt gauge working, I made 2 delete covers for the stock oil pressure and water temp gauges.

I need a new camera..........:eek:

Attachments

• gauge pics 001.JPG
    gauge pics 001.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 169
  • gauge pics 006.JPG
    gauge pics 006.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 174
  • gauge pics 2 007.JPG
    gauge pics 2 007.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 176
  • gauge cluster 002.JPG
    gauge cluster 002.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Looks good...
Hmm ..........that air temp seems high for a cool day.

:confused:........One thing I have wondered is since the sensor/bung is 1 piece brass could it pick up some heat transfer from the return plenum itself? It seems to me that it could and that would explain why it read 134 after starting it back up after running the engine to monitor the gauges.......:rolleyes:

I pm'd Ricardi as he has the same gauge and he confirmed what I suspected. He says with no air running over the probe it'll pick up the heat of the plenum itself but once you start the car after a minute or so it'll read correct. He says it reads right on with the stock ACT sensor as he's datalogged his.

Last edited:
:confused:........One thing I have wondered is since the sensor/bung is 1 piece brass could it pick up some heat transfer from the return plenum itself? It seems to me that it could and that would explain why it read 134 after starting it back up after running the engine to monitor the gauges.......:rolleyes:

I pm'd Ricardi as he has the same gauge and he confirmed what I suspected. He says with no air running over the probe it'll pick up the heat of the plenum itself but once you start the car after a minute or so it'll read correct. He says it reads right on with the stock ACT sensor as he's datalogged his.
Thats pretty nice. Didnt realize they were digital gauges....Any tuner update?

I wasnt being a smart a** when I said we'd be lucky if it was tuned by Shootout time.....

I know, you were spot on................:D

If I remember correctly, last time it took a while to get in touch with him. Ask around and see if your buddies know of any other SCT tuner with SC experience or at least Ford experience. Hell at this point any SCT tuner willing to give it the 'ol college effort, can't be no worse than it already is..........:rolleyes:

Drove the black car over to Z's today, ACT temps were reading 104 degrees.

Most of the Ford guys I know that even know what EEC-IV is are either retired or are working in other fields....like me. No money in working on cars for a living anymore....Atleast not in the Dealership that is... When you do go, I would put the lightest wheels on it you have. TO get a higher/more accurate RWHP measuement

Started the car up to pull it in the garage, outside temp was 65 and the inlet air temp was showing 82. I really like being able to see actual numbers for everything instead of idiot lights. It felt good to drive it a little, even if it was just driving easy.

Attachments

• gauge and car pics 008.JPG
    gauge and car pics 008.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 131
  • gauge and car pics 009.JPG
    gauge and car pics 009.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 132
  • gauge and car pics 010.JPG
    gauge and car pics 010.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 137
  • gauge and car pics 016.JPG
    gauge and car pics 016.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 133
  • gauge and car pics 004.JPG
    gauge and car pics 004.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 136
I like the 87Psi of oil pressure myself. A little more important!:rolleyes:
Looks good Keith. She has come a long way. Cant wait to hear the new cam. Is it rowdy?

I like the 87Psi of oil pressure myself. A little more important!:rolleyes:
Looks good Keith. She has come a long way. Cant wait to hear the new cam. Is it rowdy?

The oil pressure flexuates some but for the most part stays up in numbers.

As far as the cam for rowdiness......it sounds like a bar fight on Sat. night.........:eek:
in other words it lopes pretty good...........:D

Took my car up to Midas on Sat. to get the bungs welded into the headers behind the O2 sensors.This morning I get up and decide to start installing the Innovate wideband, I jack the car up and remove the plug from the bung, grabbed the wideband O2 sensor to screw it in and it won't go in. I get my flashlight and look in the bung and what do I see? Not only is the hole not lined up with the bung, it's only as big around as a pencil. I checked the passenger side and the hole is the same size although it's lined up. When I get home tomorrow from work I heading straight up there and give them an ear full, especially the dumbazz who had to know that if you weld in a bung you gonna screw something in it.....unbelievable....:mad:

Back