PDA

View Full Version : 8th annual Oh. Valley Picnic

Dan McEwen
02-21-2010, 11:02 AM
It's time again to start planning our annual picnic.:eek:Can you believe this is our 8th annual event ?We're changing things up a bit this year the date is July 10th instead of the 4th.
Wanted to let everyone know so you can make your summer plans.We'll have more details coming as to times and locations.:confused:
Dan

Ira R.
02-22-2010, 12:49 AM
One of my favorite get togethers! On the calender. No conflicting plans that I know of yet this year.

Ira

neverfastenough
02-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Im going to try to be there also.

Corey

DCClark
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I'll be planning on it, thanks for the heads up and for taking the time and effort to plan this event. Awesome event every year!

monsterbird
02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
ill be there. will see about the bird though. see how the heart surgery goes

BLOWN38
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Ima try and make it.:)

Dan McEwen
02-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry guys I posted the wrong date it's the Saturday July 10th.:oAs I said we're changing things up this year picnic:)-cruise through the country:cool:-fireworks:D are in the plans
Dan

fast Ed
02-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey Dan

Does the date change mean that it will be on a different weekend than the downtown car show we usually go to in the evening?

cheers
Ed N.

rzimmerl
02-24-2010, 10:50 AM
I am going to try to make it this year also.

BlckWingdBird95
02-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Does anyone have a link with Info on this meet? Im just across the boarder in Ohio. I should be there. I just dont know where it is.

XR7 Dave
02-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Does anyone have a link with Info on this meet? Im just across the boarder in Ohio. I should be there. I just dont know where it is.

This is the link with the info. ;)

The Ohio Valley SuperCoupe Club hosts a picnic every year in New Castle, PA. Exact details including maps, etc. will be posted a little later. For now, just try to pencil in the weekend for a chance to meet fellow SC owners, shoot the ~~~~, and just have a general good time.

I will be there, I should even be driving my own car for the first time ever!

Dan McEwen
02-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey Dan

Does the date change mean that it will be on a different weekend than the downtown car show we usually go to in the evening?

cheers
Ed N.

Yes we're wanting to try something a little different this year not on the holiday weekend:)

Dan

Ira R.
02-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes we're wanting to try something a little different this year not on the holiday weekend:)
Dan

So does that mean we need to find a another reason to sit around your garage, errrr, I mean your automobile museum & driver's lounge, and drink your beer?! :eek: ;) :D

Ira

Kurt K
02-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Depending on my job situation, I might try to make it this year.

Dan McEwen
02-25-2010, 08:14 PM
So does that mean we need to find a another reason to sit around your garage, errrr, I mean your automobile museum & driver's lounge, and drink your beer?! :eek: ;) :D

Ira

Do we really need a reason?:DNew Castle has it's fireworks on this weekend being we have 2 of the largest firework companies located here.They set ours off the weekend after the 4th.Doesn't hurt they set them off right over the hill from my house all we do is walk down to the end of my street.Then we can come back sit around and hang out:)Dan

fturner
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I'll pencil this in :).

Fraser

Dan McEwen
03-14-2010, 09:42 AM
That's great Fraser.We got the shelter rented and we're working out some of the other details.
Dan

Ira R.
06-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Five weeks to go. Any updates ready for publication yet??

Ira

lube70
06-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Where in PA is this one. There is 3 New Castle towns in PA!!! Which county?? Just wondering for the Jersey guys!!!

Thanks

Don

XxSlowpokexX
06-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Where in PA is this one. There is 3 New Castle towns in PA!!! Which county?? Just wondering for the Jersey guys!!!

Thanks

Don
The one thats very far away!

Ira R.
06-07-2010, 10:00 PM

Thanks

Don

In general terms, I-80w to I-79s about 1 hour north of Pitt. Or I-76w to I-79n. I take the northern route, have made this trip to the town next door (Butler) annually for almost 20 years now for a variety of reasons and allow 6-7 pretty comfortable hours. This includes the time it takes to get off the Island which can vary considerably from trip to trip. 420 miles one way from my house. We generally make the G.W. Bridge in well under 6 hours.

Ira

Dan McEwen
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Tentive plans are to have a normal summer picnic at the park early after noon say 2:00 then maybe a cruise out to McConnell's Mill if you guys are up to it :)(it"s really cool if you never been there)or we can just hang out.Then head over to my place for dinner (lamb on the rod & chicken) along with Peg's famous lamb sauce plus a cooler full of refreshments:D then top it off with New Castle's fireworks they claim we're the fireworks capital of America.We have some rooms set aside at the Comfort Inn for the 10th I'm sure we can get some for the 9th if needed I think they're under the name Bob.We're open to suggestions
Hope you all can make it
Dan:)

Ira R.
06-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Tentive plans are to have a normal summer picnic at the park early after noon say 2:00 then maybe a cruise out to McConnell's Mill if you guys are up to it :)(it"s really cool if you never been there)or we can just hang out.Then head over to my place for dinner (lamb on the rod & chicken) along with Peg's famous lamb sauce plus a cooler full of refreshments:D then top it off with New Castle's fireworks they claim we're the fireworks capital of America.We have some rooms set aside at the Comfort Inn for the 10th I'm sure we can get some for the 9th if needed I think they're under the name Bob.We're open to suggestions
Hope you all can make it

So let me understand this? I get to sit in the driver's room, drink your beer and eat Peg's cooking? I am so there :D

Looking forward to it Dan. Let us know if you and Peg need anything and what you need for the picnic.

Ira

neverfastenough
06-09-2010, 10:21 AM
My car has no engine. Im going to bust my ~~~ to get it there.

Corey

rzimmerl
06-09-2010, 10:44 AM
My car has no engine. Im going to bust my ~~~ to get it there.

Corey

You better get it done.... hopefully mine will be running before the end of the month.

Date is set on my calendar for attendance, can't wait.

neverfastenough
06-09-2010, 10:59 AM
You better get it done.... hopefully mine will be running before the end of the month.

Date is set on my calendar for attendance, can't wait.

Its not looking good, paypal for some parts got delayed I wont have a few parts ordered for another 10 days. Plus I may have run out of money. Hope to see you all there.

Corey

Ira R.
06-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Its not looking good, paypal for some parts got delayed I wont have a few parts ordered for another 10 days. Plus I may have run out of money. Hope to see you all there.

Corey

So show up anyway. You don't need the car to come hang out for the day.

Ira

neverfastenough
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Ill be there Ira, car or not. Id just like to have it there.

Corey

Dan McEwen
06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
:D
So let me understand this? I get to sit in the driver's room, drink your beer and eat Peg's cooking? I am so there :D

Looking forward to it Dan. Let us know if you and Peg need anything and what you need for the picnic.

Ira

Ira,sounds like you got it about spot on:D:DOnly yoi'll get to watch me do some cooking:eek:Looking forward to seeing eveyone.Don't worry Corey I may have a spare car I'll let you clean.:D

mellbutler
06-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Is this a family event? I wasn't able to make it to carslie but want to make it out to meet some other sc's and there soen't seem to be much action in my area.

XR7 Dave
06-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Yes, this is very much a family event. There will be kids there as well as lots of women (mostly married though). ;)

XxSlowpokexX
06-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Dam to the mostly married women...Let ssee. If I get my car done Iby then I will make the treck..Im about to tear into it in 10 min

mellbutler
06-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes, this is very much a family event. There will be kids there as well as lots of women (mostly married though). ;)

cool....I hope to drag my hubby and kids along. 6 1/2 hrs. might be doable for us.

mellbutler
06-13-2010, 03:40 PM
ok, question....if this is the OHIO valley pinic why is it in PA???? There seem to be several sc's in ohio why not there? Just curious.......

mellbutler
06-13-2010, 03:44 PM
That's great Fraser.We got the shelter rented and we're working out some of the other details.
Dan

anyone know about how many kids and ages? We have a bounce house that might fit in the trunk or if someone else had one for the kids. My kids are 4 & 7

rzimmerl
06-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Our 2 and 4 year old will not be coming, will be just the wife and I, if she decides if she's going or not.... :rolleyes:...

JJP90SC
06-13-2010, 06:51 PM
ok, question....if this is the OHIO valley pinic why is it in PA???? There seem to be several sc's in ohio why not there? Just curious.......

Pittsburgh, PENNSYLVANIA is where the OHIO River is formed by the joining of the Allegheny & Monongahela Rivers. Hence the name: Ohio Valley Super Coupe Club!!

mellbutler
06-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Pittsburgh, PENNSYLVANIA is where the OHIO River is formed by the joining of the Allegheny & Monongahela Rivers. Hence the name: Ohio Valley Super Coupe Club!!

i know, just being a smart ~~~....just wishing it was in ohio...but still coming

BLOWN38
06-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Still planning on being there. Me, my girl and my 2 year old.

black95bird
06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
I knows where that is! That s near where that movie was filmed..."The Mothman prophecies" My best friend and I went to see that in the theater and she talked thru the whole thing, telling me every point of interest, since it was filmed in her hometown. :P That's about 6-8 hours away from here. If only I could trust my car that far....

Pablo94SC
06-17-2010, 04:32 PM
How far is New Castle from Cincinnati?

neverfastenough
06-17-2010, 05:10 PM
google says 5hrs

Dan McEwen
06-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Hey guys I'm going to start a new post for a head count to see who is coming.
Dan

S_Mazza
06-24-2010, 11:53 AM
google says 5hrs

Yeah, it's about that if you can do it without stopping. Traffic through and around Columbus can be bad, but I am not sure how it would be on Saturday morning.

DrFishbone
06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm going to have to try to make it to one of these....I remember several years ago was the last time I saw it "advertised" on the boards. Sounds like a good time! :) Didn't realize that it was an annual event! :cool:

Kurt K
06-25-2010, 12:34 PM
2 questions.

1) Are all of the activities planned for Saturday? The reason I ask is that I definitely have to work on Monday the 12th and I know that my drive will be several hours longer than usual dues to traveling with my young kids.

2) Can you send me the hotel info? You mentioned earlier in this thread that you have some rooms blocked, but I missed if there is a block name or group.

I still don't know for sure about attending yet, I'm waiting for confirmation from another group here at work.

neverfastenough
06-25-2010, 05:26 PM
I may have a sc there , but it will be close.

Dan McEwen
06-27-2010, 09:02 AM
2 questions.

1) Are all of the activities planned for Saturday? The reason I ask is that I definitely have to work on Monday the 12th and I know that my drive will be several hours longer than usual dues to traveling with my young kids.

2) Can you send me the hotel info? You mentioned earlier in this thread that you have some rooms blocked, but I missed if there is a block name or group.

I still don't know for sure about attending yet, I'm waiting for confirmation from another group here at work.

1) Yes all the activities are for Saturday it will a long day with the fireworks around 9:45.and the hanging out after:D

2) Comfort Inn New Castle 724-658-7700 rooms are held under Bob my brother-inlaw.

Hope you guys can make it

BLOWN38
07-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Ok, waiting for a phone call back to book my room. What time do we need to be at the park on Saturday? And what is the address to the park? Thanks.

fast Ed
07-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Have fun this weekend, everybody. I'm booked to instruct at an event at Mosport on Sunday, and dumbass that I am, still don't have my passport anyway. :rolleyes:

Have a few MGDs on my behalf. :D

cheers
Ed N.

TwoToneThunder
07-02-2010, 10:22 PM
i maybe in attendance

Ira R.
07-04-2010, 11:22 PM
i maybe in attendance

Getting close. Can we get the name of the park and the address so we can begin mapping it out please??

Ira

XR7 Dave
07-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Park is on Wilson Dr., Newcastle, PA. Same place as it has been the past few years.

Dan McEwen
07-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Sorry guys I was away this weekend.:oWe would like to get together around 2:00 at the park we'll hang out a while then start cooking.The name of the park is Scotland Meadows if you can't come up with this try 304 Scotand Ln. that's the fire station that is next to the park.
If you look at the bottom of this thread you can link on the one for 6th ann. picnic Connie posted last year has a link for a map on it.Dan

Ira R.
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Well I broke down and got a room at the Inn. Guess we're coming :D

Ira

SCrazy
07-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Sounds like a great time....have fun everybody

Dan McEwen
07-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Only a couples days to go :eek:We've got things in order :confused:looking foward to seeing everone.Come hungry:D
Just wanted to remind everyone that it's just a basic summer picnic at the park but then a big dinner in the evening with refreshments:D

Kurt K
07-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Both car seats are installed in the back of my 95.
Dual-screen portable DVD player is installed on the back of each headrest.
Cigarette lighter splitter required to power DVD and radar detector :cool: in car.
Truck full

Hitting the road in about 8 hours and hoping the rain lets up and road construction is painless. We'll be staying in Columbus Friday night and I'll see everybody on Saturday.

BLOWN38
07-09-2010, 02:41 AM
Cigarette lighter splitter required to power DVD and radar detector :cool: in car.
Truck full

Hitting the road in about 8 hours and hoping the rain lets up and road construction is painless. We'll be staying in Columbus Friday night and I'll see everybody on Saturday.

Gotta love the late nights gettin ready to leave for a trip. I was putting a rear axle seal in my truck tonight. Had to make my own special tool. I'll get the woman to get the clothes together later today. See ya'll saturday.

Kurt K
07-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Gotta love the late nights gettin ready to leave for a trip. I was putting a rear axle seal in my truck tonight. Had to make my own special tool. I'll get the woman to get the clothes together later today. See ya'll saturday.
You don't need your truck for this trip ;)

Ira R.
07-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Truck full

Excellent. Ahh for the memories of packing the night before and hoping the kids sleep through most of the trip. Boy do I miss that - NOT!! :D

Be great to see you guys again. Have an uneventful trip.

Ira

BLOWN38
07-09-2010, 12:57 PM
You don't need your truck for this trip ;)

I do if I wanna tow the car up there.:p

BlckWingdBird95
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Rain and clouds today(Friday) but should be Sunny warm and only 20% chance of precipitation on Saturday. It should be Super Weather for the Super Coupe picnic.

BLOWN38
07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Rain and clouds today(Friday) but should be Sunny warm and only 20% chance of precipitation on Saturday. It should be Super Weather for the Super Coupe picnic.

Yeah weather looks great. Just hope I don't have to drive thru the bad stuff to get there sat morning.:(

neverfastenough
07-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Great job as always, Dan. Cant wait until next year. Food was great and so was the turn out. Wish I could have made it with the car.

Corey

Kurt K
07-11-2010, 12:39 AM
So far the trip has been great. I'll let you know my thoughts after driving straight through with the kids tomorrow....650+ miles. We broke up the trip on the way here and stopped overnight in Columbus. But I have to be home early Monday, so no overnight stay for the drive home.

Anyway, is was great seeing old friend and meeting some new ones. I hope to make it over again in the future, just maybe not next year.

Thanks again Dan.

Ira R.
07-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Absolutely fantastic time. Picnic was nice, good weather, great looking cars, just a nice relaxing afternoon. Driving 8 hours for a 4 hour picnic was well worth it.

As for the evening's festivities there aren't the words. A real family atmosphere with a backyard full of people. Dinner was above and beyond and the entertainment afterwards was, well, eye-popping to say the least - a fireworks display which we watched from the crest of the hill overlooking center-city. The seats could not have been better and it seemed that the entire show was put on just for us!

To Dan and Peg especially, and to everyone else who picked up a plate or emptied the garbage or just offered to help with something, thank you all.

Gail & Ira

Oh, and like Kurt we're not home yet either. Spending the night in Du Bois, Pa waiting for the sun to come up so I can see where that large puddle of water under the car is coming from.

Dan McEwen
07-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Peg and I would like to thank everyone that attended.We're really happy some of you were willing to travel such long distances to attend.:eek:and hope it was worth it.The weather gods blessed us again.It was great seeing everyone.A special thanks to all the kids that helped out putting things away.They were a real pleasure.:)Hope everyone has a safe trip home!

Dan&Peg

Kurt K
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, we finally made it back to St. Louis about 2 hours ago. The kids definitely surprised us on how good they were, I think even better than the drive there. The SC racked up 1327.4 miles on the 3-day weekend trip.

Thanks again for hosting a great event.

XR7 Dave
07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Ira - whatever it is I didn't do it! Well, maybe I did, who knows?:confused:

Kurt - You did this just specifically so I couldn't hold it over your head driving all the way back to St. Louis to work on cars again. :rolleyes: I guess I won't get a lot of sympathy from you when I fuss about that.

Very happy to see everyone who came out. Very relaxing for me just an overall great time. Too bad more Ohio folks don't make it out. C'mon guys, show some spirit!

lol

Ira R.
07-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Ira - whatever it is I didn't do it! Well, maybe I did, who knows?:confused:

Kurt - You did this just specifically so I couldn't hold it over your head driving all the way back to St. Louis to work on cars again. :rolleyes: I guess I won't get a lot of sympathy from you when I fuss about that.

Very happy to see everyone who came out. Very relaxing for me just an overall great time. Too bad more Ohio folks don't make it out. C'mon guys, show some spirit!

lol

No you can't take the credit for this one lol

Hose clamp came loose. Five minute fix once I was able to get my fat arse into position to reach it. We got home this afternoon after what was a pretty uneventful trip. The best part of the trip was actually at the very end, crawling along in the usual NYC traffic, 90+ outside with the a/c blasting away and the engine temp gauge holding steady at 205. Made my whole trip :D

Ira

BlckWingdBird95
07-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Dan and Peg, Thanks for your generous hospitality. We very much enjoyed the day and evening. I cant imagine the effort it took to put that together but I know you both worked hard to do it. Im sure we will be back again next year and Just maybe have a Real SC by then. Thanks again,
John and Rebecca