TPS Sensor question

kenewagner

I was switching the TPS sensor over from the 75 MM TB to the new 85MM TB and find that the new 85MM has what looks like to be a plastic sleeve in it. The TPS sensor has a boss that fits into the TB which happens to look to be the same size as the plastic sleeve. I gently tried to remove the sleeve but it is in there tight. Does the bigger TB take a diffrent TPS or do I need to get a little more agressive with it???

Ken

WOW!

I just compared the throttle body and the tps from my 90 and my 94 and they are DIFFERENT I then went to autozone.com and verified they have DIFFERENT PART #'s

the 90 throttle body DOES NOT have the insert that your throttle body has
yet my 94 throttle body DOES have the insert that your throttle body has

I see EXACTLY what your problem is now, I never thought that ford redesigned the tps for 94

If I were you I would get a tps for a 94 and be done with it.

oh wait there more!!!

I was able to pop out the sleeve from the 94 t/b and use the earlier tps on it, the 94 tps also fits on the 90 t/b no problem.

let me post a pic

Ken,

My Magnum Powers 85MM TB looks just like yours, and my stock TPS fits. Check the OD of the boss and compare to the ID of the bushing just to be safe.

heres the pics, they tell the whole story

l_423dd2c8d9134206ab6940fcc8b806cf.jpg

then

l_5797376dca9d46b6bdadc60641c65553.jpg

Took a small screwdrive and worked the plastic sleeve out a ways than pulled it out with a pair on needle nose pliers. So I am back in business there. Now the tranny has a leak at the shifting shaft. Probably have to drain the pan and pull the shaft to replace a seal. What a pain

Ken

Back