help needed

birdlessmuz

my 89 sc needs work to be ready for summer.it needs a windshield,rockers,and ignition tumbler replaced.i need help setting a plan of attach.here is what i know.

windshield- i got a quote of 250 installed does this sound right?

rockers panels- i can not find n.o.s pieces but i did find a local company that makes them for $50ea. all rocker are the same correct?

ignition tumbler- here the one that makes me realy nervouse because i was told that my brakes,climate control,etc.. are directly connected to my bad tumbler.the car starts but you have to very carefuly let go of key or it just dies.

so i need a lil advice and to see if anybody lives in or near pittsburgh that would be willing to barter for some help.thank you guys your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Your tumbler is fine, it's the ignition switch that is causing your problems.....

Very easy and inexpensive to replace....:D

The ignition switch is forward, and below the tumbler on the steering column.

Do not buy a used one. Go to autozone and buy a good one.

It sits on the right hand side of the steering column right where it meets with the dash....

You will need some Torx bits to remove it.....

Can't remember if they have the little tit in them....:rolleyes:

It sits on the right hand side of the steering column right where it meets with the dash....

Can't remember if they have the little tit in them....:rolleyes:

Yes, they have little tits.

Disconnect the battery first. There are hot wires on large-amperage fuses running through there. You can get a nasty shock or burn if you bridge those.

ok thanks i think ill start with the ignition first whats the point of everything else if i cant drive right? how much should the ignition cost? are they diffrent from non sc's?

Back