Fuel pump

tctc1981hotmail

Where is the fuel pump located? Does anyone no what it will cost so I dont get ripped off. Should I buy the cheapest pump. If i buy a more exspensive pump how will i benefit from it. Thanks Guys...

pump is in tank under pass rear side of back seat.

unfortunatly there is no access to this pump through the floor. so tank will have to be removed or at very liest droped down enough to access the pump on top of tank.

what pump to get depends on what you wana do with the car.

if you ever plan on modding the car increasing boost ect. then I would get a upgraded pump. I have a walbro 255lph pump (check ebay for pumps but beware of cheap chineese knock offs). there are also several different levels of flow for a walbro pump so maybee the next one down will be good for you.

if you plan on just driving the car day to day and not changing anything then a stock replacement pump (check napaonline.com for pumps) they are good and not to bad.

a factory ford pump will be alot of money and probably not much better than a good aftermarket pump.

all data time for standard replacement is 2.0 hours (that does not include draining and filling fuel tank) so if tank is empty thats what the labor should be.

hope that helps

and make sure they replace the fuel strainer and filter when a new pump is installed.

Thanks for your input I had just posted something under technical "title please help 1990 sc 35th" Someone replied that there is prob stuff clogged in my strainer should i just replace that and not the pump or its worthless to drop the tank without replacing the pump.

i really wouldnt see a reason for pulling the tank and not changing the pump then with the strainer.

does your car not have fuel pressure?

did you check the inertia switch on drivers side of trunk area?

if you open the black box cover in that same location you will see a relay (i think its green) that is fuel pump relay. you can check that also.

if you check the basics and take to shop with a clear idea of what is wrong and just have them install the part then you will save money, but if they install the part and it still doesnt work because of something basic then they will charge you more.

Back