PDA

View Full Version : New Seats

nickleman60
02-23-2010, 03:50 PM
I have some seats on the way, black leather. Bye-Bye to the heavy stock power seats and hello to lightweight manual ones. Rear seat delete is in the works also.

Roadhawg
02-23-2010, 04:21 PM
It looks good.
I need to do the same thing. :rolleyes:

TSC89
02-23-2010, 06:10 PM
What kind of front seats are those?

Post of some more pics of the rear seat delete and the front seats installed.

sinhumane
02-24-2010, 04:06 AM
very nice. planning on something similar, i have a set of rx7 seats just sitting around doing nothing, need to find a tan backseat to match it and go all black interior. :D

kenewagner
02-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Keep us updated like Jim said. I am very interested in them:D They look nice and I have considered the same thing

Ken

nickleman60
02-25-2010, 08:02 AM
What kind of front seats are those?

I bought them off of ebay. He also has a nice set of black with a grey insert leather seats for sale, a good alternative for those with a '90 anny with ragged seats.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380207874658&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3
AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-New-Real-Leather-Gray-Black-MRC-Racing-Seats_W0QQitemZ280468904991QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3370 1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalg o%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%2 52BLA%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D80992823635279 44314

frdlvr30
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
I bought them off of ebay. He also has a nice set of black with a grey insert leather seats for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380207874658&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Im curious about fitment. Specifically, the height. They look like they will mount several inches lower than stock. Guess we will see, huh?

TSC89
02-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Im curious about fitment. Specifically, the height. They look like they will mount Guess we will see, huh?

I thought I had seen those on Ebay. I am interested in seeing what if anything you have to do with the slide mounts to get them to work.

nickleman60
02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Im curious about fitment. Specifically, the height. They look like they will mount several inches lower than stock. Guess we will see, huh?

I have a set of manual seat tracks out of a '97 Cougar that I'm going to use. I will have them mounted at the same height as the stock ones, remember I have access to some awesome welders so if any mods or brackets are needed I'll get them to make them. The 38" height sounds about the same as the stock seats as does the width, I'll measure when I get home. The seats are suppose to arrive today so I'll shoot some side by side pics for comparison.

kenewagner
02-25-2010, 02:48 PM
I have a set of manual seat tracks out of a '97 Cougar that I'm going to use. I will have them mounted at the same height as the stock ones, remember I have access to some awesome welders so if any mods or brackets are needed I'll get them to make them. The 38" height sounds about the same as the stock seats as does the width, I'll measure when I get home. The seats are suppose to arrive today so I'll shoot some side by side pics for comparison.

Cool, I will be interested in the comparrision.

Ken

95_XR7
02-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Cool, I will be interested in the comparrision.

Ken

Myself included. The black with grey inserts would look good in the '95. :D

-Corey

nickleman60
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Myself included. The black with grey inserts would look good in the '95. :D

-Corey

To be honest I probably would have bought those if I would have saw them before I bought the all black ones.................:rolleyes:

Your seats in that '95 are almost flawless, at least the time I saw them when Mike owned the car they were.

95_XR7
02-25-2010, 03:25 PM
To be honest I probably would have bought those if I would have saw them before I bought the all black ones.................:rolleyes:

Your seats in that '95 are almost flawless, at least the time I saw them when Mike owned the car they were.

Oh, they still are. The car has about 40 extra miles on the car, which are just from driving it around so it doesn't sit in a garage the whole time. I haven't done anything but stockpile LOTS of parts. (the blower upgrade is what I'm most proud of. The darkside, here I come.) But that's why I'm holding back replacing them. :p
That interior is not being touched. Heck, I even bought a new a-pillar trim just so I didn't have to mount the gauge pod on the original. :o

But yeah, sorry to hijack.

-Corey

nickleman60
02-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Seats are here.

coolhand
02-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Was wondering, are you planning on installing a set of racing belts?

CoolHand

nickleman60
02-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Was wondering, are you planning on installing a set of racing belts?

CoolHand

Maybe for the track but I'll have the stock set-up for sure.

nickleman60
02-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Started figuring how I was going to mount them and I think I got it worked out. I set one in the car to see what it would look like and to compare with a stock seat. I'm taking a stock manual seat rack and seperating the tracks from the mounting brackets that bolt to the floor. The tracks that came with the seats are much more compact and lighter so I'm using them. I have to mount a section of flat steel to each mounting bracket because of the different seat mounting points, drill it to fit the seat bolt pattern and then bolt together, sounds simple.............;) Of course I'm trying this mounting method on the passenger side first because if it don't work for some reason I can go to the junkyard and it's easy to find a manual passenger side rack, it's the drivers side that's hell to find...........:D

TSC89
02-27-2010, 10:45 PM
That is really going to look great when you are done. You need to take pictures of your custom slide brackets.
Are you going to pattern your rear seat delete like what was in Dalke's SWB?

ricardoa1
02-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Do you feel the seating position is too low?

decipha
02-28-2010, 02:58 AM
can never be too low :rolleyes:

nickleman60
02-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Do you feel the seating position is too low?

I haven't sat in it with the seat in the car, the seat is just sitting on top of the stock floor brackets in the pic. Once I have the floor brackets modified to accept the seats I'll bolt them in and see what kind of height adjustments, if any, that need to be made.

nickleman60
02-28-2010, 08:38 AM
That is really going to look great when you are done. You need to take pictures of your custom slide brackets.
Are you going to pattern your rear seat delete like what was in Dalke's SWB?

I'm modifying the stock manual seat brackets like in the thread below.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64680&highlight=manual+seat+tracks

I don't know what Dalkes rear seat delete looks like so all I can say is I'm doing it my way.

TSC89
02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Here is a picture of what it looked like when it was out in California. I don't know if Dave has changed anything.

nickleman60
02-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Here is a picture of what it looked like when it was out in California. I don't know if Dave has changed anything.

It'll be something similar to that but maybe not as fancy. I see he still has the seat belts hooked up, I'm eliminating them. I'm making a new rear shelf cover because of the void left by removing the rear belt mechanisms. I went to the junkyard today and picked another pair of the covers that go over the belt mechanisms on the rear shelf, I shortened them to about 1.5" long, just enough to cover the void on the c pillar trim.

I'm going to have a couple strips of flat steel welded to the floor brackets, that'll give me the width I need to mount the new seats.

I'm kinda figuring out things as I go along but I have a good idea of what I want. I'm going to make the seat and back panels removable in case I need access for something or want to put it back to stock.

frdlvr30
02-28-2010, 02:08 PM

Is that a Forsale sign we see in the rear window of Dave's car in that Picture?

TSC89
02-28-2010, 05:09 PM

Yes, but this picture is old. The car was in California when this picture was taken.

nickleman60
02-28-2010, 05:09 PM

Didn't see it at first but you right, what's up Dave?

TSC89
02-28-2010, 06:28 PM

Like I said,that picture is OLD. It was taken when it was out in California.

frdlvr30
02-28-2010, 09:14 PM

Just got back from Atlanta around 2pm. Had some fun at the races. Long weekend though. Im pretty tired.....

nickleman60
02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Just got back from Atlanta around 2pm. Had some fun at the races. Long weekend though. Im pretty tired.....

Glad you had fun but my question was referring to DD's car for sale, or not.

nickleman60
03-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I got the flat steel welded to the passenger side floor brackets today, came home and drilled them to accept the seat. Bolted the seat down for a trial fit and everything worked perfectly. The height felt fine so now I need to get the drivers side done which I'll do tomorrow.

sinhumane
03-03-2010, 01:39 PM
cmon! we want pix!!!

Roadhawg
03-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Bye-Bye to the heavy stock power seats and hello to lightweight manual ones. Rear seat delete is in the works also.

Hmmmm .................... I need to remove more weight from my car now. :)

kenewagner
03-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Hmmmm .................... I need to remove more weight from my car now. :)

Like you really need that:rolleyes:

Ken

nickleman60
03-03-2010, 06:28 PM
cmon! we want pix!!!

I'm working on it, I'm old and slow........:rolleyes:

Both seat floor brackets are done, now I need to clean them up and add a coat of paint. I'm not going to mount them until I'm done with the rear seat delete, lots more room to work without seats in the way.

nickleman60
03-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm working on it, I'm old and slow........:rolleyes:

I finished the new back shelf (seatbelt delete version) covered and installed it, looks pretty good. I'm going to finish cutting my aluminum panels today for the seat delete and hopefully get them installed. As soon as I'm done I'll put up some pics with the new front seats included.

frdlvr30
03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Saw the pics on the other thread for the seat delete. Turned out really well. You have done good...