Boom!!! no fuel......

justin

no fuel..... I have been driving my 90 sc just fine the last few weeks. Today I go out to start it and it cranked and cranked for awhile and even tried to start! Then there was a boom that even rocked the car and then no fuel.... Has anyone ever had this happen? This makes no sence?!?! I am up in arms here. Is it possible that the fuel pump blew up? The boom was from the rear of the car. Please, any help you may have would be appreciated.

What do you mean by "no fuel" ? No pressure at the rail, pump isn't running, the gauge reads empty ect ???

Boom was probably a backfire caused from fuel igniting in the exhaust.

David

I have no pressure at the rail. Could all of this be because of the HB???
I found this thread and it sounds familiar but I was not driving...

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78093&highlight=boom+fuel

A bad balancer could cause the backfire, but that shouldn't stop the pump from running. I suppose it possible that the backfire caused the inertia switch to trip, shutting off power to the fuel pump. Try resetting the fuel pump relay by pressing the button inside the trunk on the lefthand side.

David

A bad balancer could cause the backfire, but that shouldn't stop the pump from running. I suppose it possible that the backfire caused the inertia switch to trip, shutting off power to the fuel pump. Try resetting the fuel pump relay by pressing the button inside the trunk on the lefthand side.

David

David, I will check that as soon as I get home. I just wanted to say that the pulleys line up right and they all turn as well. Also, I want to thank you David, you have helped me on quite a few things. It is great to have a guy like you on here to help. The boom did shake the car so it was a big one for sure.

Back