Injectors

cheeriosluvr

I am doing a Magnaport II, intake plenum and raised top and im also am going to upgrade my injects.
I already have a 190lph pump, CAI, MAF, TB, headers and flowmaster cat back

Would a 42# injector be overkill or would they be fine? Cuz Ford Motorsports has a set of 8 for a 302 for like $300. I know supercoupe performance gets $399 for 38#

Basically i wanna know is a 42# injector going to be overkill or would they be fine? What does it do to fuel mileage

todd

42#'s can make it hard to get your car to idle without a tuner. I would stick with the 38# injectors for those mods. You should be just fine. You can get a set of 6 Lucas 38# injectors from the site below for $299. That's where I orderd them. Great customer service and they actually know what they are talking about. Ask for Nicole and tell her that Tom with the SC sent ya.

http://www.musclemotors.com

Thomas

I recently bought 2 sets of 8 36# Ford motor sport injectors. (very reasonable from a dealers shelf) I know I won't be taking either my Son's 89 or my 93 past 350 HP so I figure that is plenty of "juice".

I figured, from all I had read, it was all the fuel I needed and that it would likely be easier to keep in tune when not running flat out. I am not using a tuner, just upgraded the MAF. (of course other "breathing" mods, roller rockers etc has been done, upgraded SC will be later)

The first one, my 93, will be on the street as soon as the exhuast arrives.

Bottom line is I have 4 brand new Ford Motor Sport 36# injectors that I could part with, if you can find 2 others. Otherwise I will eventually pick up another 2 myself because I know I will be doing another SC in the near future.

Rock
ttinc@comcast.net

thanks for the offer but i dont knw were to get a couple more and possibly the problem matching a set......

i think im gonna get those ones from muscle motors thanks!

Todd

Believe it or not most injectors (of the same type, and rating) usually run within 2%.

Jeff

Todd
No big deal. The price for the 38# injectors sounds OK. I found a dealer willing to get ride of the 2 sets of 8 Ford motor sport 36# for about 320-325 per set. If a dealer has had them instock for a while they are willing to get off them.

If you/anyone find one that has a set of 8 I will buy 2 off you/anyone if you get them for a decent price. Mine were about $40 each. Likewise if two of you find one set of 8 I'd be willing to part with the 4. It will be summer before I play with another one and need a set of injectors.
Rock

injectors

So are the Lucas injectors pretty good then?

I have found some that are prices at $41.65 for 38# Well these are for the 5.0 but should be the same as the V6.

thanks

Raymond

I was actually looking for Lucas or Bosche 38# when I found the Ford ones. I never found them for that low or I would have got them, I really had to dig to find a decent price. What is the source, I will be needed them again eventually.
Rock

Just out of curiousity, it looks as if 8 cylinder engines require smaller flow injectors? (guess this makes sense as they don't do as much work as the 6 cylinder)... what size injectors did the 85-88 turbo t-bird use? And if these are big enough, are they compatible?

Paul

The Cougar XR7, Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Mustang SVO, and Merkuer (sp) XR4TI all with the 2.3 turbo motor use the 35# brown top injectors. They can not be used though, they are low impedance type (Peak and hold). Same with the CPI injectors used in ford V8 and V6 cars. It would be nice though some are 72#/hr.

Jeff

that other company selling lucas for 41.65 anyone have some more info about them?? Are they good to deal with? Saving $50 is huge when my current projust is going to be about $1200 and saving money anywere is very help ful

Thanks Guys

Todd

Back