Collar Nut IC Tape

KillSwitchNY

anyone have some for sale or know where i can buy it? need to change tops and dont want to use loctite or silicone. What if i use extra thick plumbers style teflon tape and wrap it and overlap a few times?

i already cut out my own top to sc gasket, i was asking about the actual thread sealant for the collar nut on the sc top

There is no thread sealer that goes on the collar nut. The actual seal is made on the male flange surface of the pipe to the female SC top, not thru the threads.

There is no thread sealer that goes on the collar nut. The actual seal is made on the male flange surface of the pipe to the female SC top, not thru the threads.

oh, damn, so is there any sort of gasket between the pipes or is it supposed to be like an exhaust ball socket that seals metal on metal?

hey thats awsome. i didnt realise there is just a donut teflon gasket in there. do you have ust the donut? or how about the teflon top to sc gasket, id rather have that than my homemade paper one.

or if you know anyone who sells a full set with all 5 gaskets

See that sellers other items, they have lots of useful SC items, and I have bought from them before many times. Good prices and quick shipping.

awsome, just ordered the full set from that guy on ebay. Good lookin out! ill feel much better about my assembly w the teflon.

so anyway, what were people talking about buying rolls of teflon tape from the ford dealer for the ic tubes?

awsome, just ordered the full set from that guy on ebay. Good lookin out! ill feel much better about my assembly w the teflon.

so anyway, what were people talking about buying rolls of teflon tape from the ford dealer for the ic tubes?

The tubes were originally sealed with a strip of teflon tape .. wrapped on top of the mating surface.

You can buy the Ford tape from SCP also, but Teflon gaskets are easier and re-useable.

- Dan

Back