my sc almost killed me

kneedragger25

well the other day i was starting my car using the fender mount starter solenoid and umfortinatly i left the car in drive by accident and as i closed the hood the car lunged forward and pinned my left leg between my bumper and a small brickwall then pushed me back into a chainlink fenceand pinned me there until a guy parked next to me got in and backed up my car, that is when i saw both bones in my left leg broke between the knee and ankle. now i got tomorrow to see when they wanna do the surgery to fix my leg. i guess my sc was mad at me that day.

well the other day i was starting my car using the fender mount starter solenoid and umfortinatly i left the car in drive by accident and as i closed the hood the car lunged forward and pinned my left leg between my bumper and a small brickwall then pushed me back into a chainlink fenceand pinned me there until a guy parked next to me got in and backed up my car, that is when i saw both bones in my left leg broke between the knee and ankle. now i got tomorrow to see when they wanna do the surgery to fix my leg. i guess my sc was mad at me that day.

Broken Tibula and Fibula= 8 week vacation.....Sorry to hear that. I have seen that happen more than once with the remote start.....

Properly installed remote starts usually have a hood trigger, if its open, remote doesnt work. But everyone is too lazy to install those:eek:

i had no choice but to jump the solenoid it went out at work the night before and we didnt have it in stock but lesson learned always double check you trew the car in park. since i cant drive my sc atm im sending the to a friendd mechanic and will have him rebuild the motor for me when dissassembled i will take the heads to the machine shop what work should i ask them to do beside lappind the hg surface?

your car is mad because you didnt get the heads done yet, it wants to you love it more. show your love, empty your bank account on it, and maybe your car will let you live then :)

anyways, its always good to port, and over size the valves, mls gaskets work very well with our engines.

good luck with the surgery, keep in mind it will never be the same again, they might make it better but it never gets as good as it once was. in 4-8 years you'll get arthritis aswell, i got it from head to toe and take 3 different meds a day for it. i had a very reckless youth. or one might say wreck-full youth. had alot of fun though :)

yea man this is crazy it happen to me but i didnt get pined i managed to jump in the car and slam on the brakes before it plowed my shed down. it was so scary. i always check now! and thats why i always stand on the side of a car when it is being started you never know what could happen!

WHen I was 15 I was hit by a car. A 76 Olds Cutlass that according to the police report was going between 60-80mph. I broke both bones as well. After 6 months, I sufferd a non-union where the break stop healing. Needed a bone graft for that. After another 7 months I was finally able to walk on it. Mine was right above the ankle and all the pins were on the outside. This was in 1987 and I still have a little stiffness after sitting for a bit or when I first get up in the morning. One good thing is I get a handicap placard which comes in handy on black friday ;)

Wow, that sucks man. The worst thing my SC ever done to me was laugh at me when I was installing new spark plugs for the first time :mad: Talk about a nightmare!

Sorry to hear your mishap. You will probably learn your lesson from this one. SAFTY first. Hope all goes well with the healing process, must have been painful. Glad that neighbor saw you you could have had internal bleeding for longer and passed out.

Sorry to hear about you getting hurt. BTW, Your story sounds like it might be a good submission for the At-Risk Survivors segment.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

David

same thing happen here, but i was in my dads garage i jumped the car and it took off into the big ~~~ wood burner crushing it....

Wow, get well soon, sorry to hear that.

But what is this starting method you speak of?

My car starts when I sit in the driver's seat, insert the key, and turn...
..and it doesn't start unless it is in P or N.

I must be getting old.

:confused:

he said in the OP he couldn't start it with the key so he jumped the solenoid next to the battery

what i can't understand is, if the car didn't start in the first place, why would you take it out of park and put it into drive if it isn't running?

i was under the impression it was a stick.... but i guess your signature reads its AOD...
why would you have your car in drive before it was started... for any reason?
and how could it have started while in drive? does the starter solenoid bypass the neutral/park safety?

i could see it's possible with a 5-speed... because i always park my car with it in 1st with the e-brake on...

I didnt know the car was in D I was in a hurry when going to the gas station and I hate haveing to pop the hood the start my car so I was already rushing mad the solenoid went out and not really paying attention. So yeah it was my fault never said it wasnt. As far as the neutral saftey switch Im not sure I guess when you manualy give power to the starter with the key in run your car will start in any gear unless a stick with a clutch switch but I have seen those bypass also. well Im out of the hospital and the surgery was done. Im able to bent my ankle and knee somewhat and can stand for a few seconds but cant put to much weight on it.

Back