fuel gauge

Jovez

Is it just something about the mn-12's?

I have an 89 xr7.. Fuel gauge worked for a while then stopped, but it always reads FULL now.

I also have a 92 LS. Fuel gauge has worked fine, then the same thing is starting to happen, its starting to jump all the way up and fall back down to actual level, which is what happend to the xr7 before it got stuck on full.

Anyone else have this problem?

Mines messed up as well. Won't read below a quarter tank. Just stops there at a quarter. So when it gets to that point I don't know how much fuel I have left.:mad:

ford still has a problem with there fuel level sensors. there is a bulletin for the newer mustangs that describes this problem.

the fuel attacks the contacts where the little sweeper thing whipes across it. there is also another known problem that is caused by people never filling up the car (hey was told this by several ford master techs) what was said to me was that younger kids, ect never have the money to fill the tank up so they only put in like 20 bucks. which now equals a very little and the needle will be kinda trained to sit at that level almost like a memory gets worn into the sender.

but yes they have a problem. my truck acts strange from time to time (ford truck) i have replaced 2006 mustang senders because it would only read 1/2 tank and i bet it goes on and on.

Is it just something about the mn-12's?

I have an 89 xr7.. Fuel gauge worked for a while then stopped, but it always reads FULL now.

I also have a 92 LS. Fuel gauge has worked fine, then the same thing is starting to happen, its starting to jump all the way up and fall back down to actual level, which is what happend to the xr7 before it got stuck on full.

Anyone else have this problem?
Your sending unit on your fuel pump went bad. This exact same thing happened with my Mustang. I pulled another sending unit outta my other Mustang parts car, plugged it in and the fuel gauge worked like new!

Back