PDA

View Full Version : Did Fastest SCs list get hacked ?

David Neibert
03-01-2010, 02:53 PM
All the cars on the Fastest SCs list now show the same 99.999 MPH ?

David

kenewagner
03-01-2010, 02:59 PM
All the cars on the Fastest SCs list now show the same 99.999 MPH ?

David

Seems like I keep hearing about all kinds of bugs in the system

Ken

Pat DiPersia
03-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Wow, thanks for the support, Ken. Appreciate all the help you're giving.

David, there was a problem with the server over the last few days. The system has been restored, but we may have lost a day or two of posts and such.

kenewagner
03-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Wow, thanks for the support, Ken. Appreciate all the help you're giving.

David, there was a problem with the server over the last few days. The system has been restored, but we may have lost a day or two of posts and such.

Overall you guys do a good job but in the years I have been here, you guys dont exactly break records getting things done so if members get a little testy it shouldnt be a surprise to you:rolleyes: I submit a long time ago new pictures for my member page when I switched from the M112 to the whipple and guess what it still shows the M112. I dont see things updated like the fastest SC lists. You have forums that are outdated like 2001 to 2003 nationals or 2003 shootout. There a lot of stuff that doesnt change. I love the garage even if I think it is a little slow, it does get updated after a while. But things should get updated and or added on a timely basis. I am on this site everyday and post everyday. I love this club so if I didnt care I would just keep quite and go somewhere else. Someone said recently in a post that there is not as much traffic on the site as in years past. Maybe some extra attention to detail would change that. The garage was a definte improvement and great addition to begin with

Ken

Kurt K
03-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Overall you guys do a good job but in the years I have been here, you guys dont exactly break records getting things done so if members get a little testy it shouldnt be a surprise to you:rolleyes: I submit a long time ago new pictures for my member page when I switched from the M112 to the whipple and guess what it still shows the M112. I dont see things updated like the fastest SC lists. You have forums that are outdated like 2001 to 2003 nationals or 2003 shootout. There a lot of stuff that doesnt change. I love the garage even if I think it is a little slow, it does get updated after a while. But things should get updated and or added on a timely basis. I am on this site everyday and post everyday. I love this club so if I didnt care I would just keep quite and go somewhere else. Someone said recently in a post that there is not as much traffic on the site as in years past. Maybe some extra attention to detail would change that. The garage was a definte improvement and great addition to begin with

Ken
Ken,

Pat is rather new to helping with the board, so I don't think it's fair to generalize about the web support of the past.

kenewagner
03-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Ken,

Pat is rather new to helping with the board, so I don't think it's fair to generalize about the web support of the past.

Wasnt picking on anyone in particular. Just pointing out areas that could be improved to anyone who would be in a position to make change. If nobody points out areas that need work than how can change be made? My original remark was a little sarcastic so I retract that but still change for the better can be a good thing

Ken

blkthndr
03-02-2010, 11:12 AM
When the server went down, some database tables were corrupted, they have been restored from Feb 26th, if updates were made between then and now, they unfortunately have been lost.

Pat DiPersia
03-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks, Kurt.

Ken - I agree. Things do take long to update, and move at a snail's pace. We are working on correcting a few things, and yes - we DO need issues pointed out that are a problem. So when something is BROKEN on the board, we definitely need to know so we can correct it.

But if someone is going to simply complain over and over again that we're slow, we suck, this place sucks, etc., and doesn't even offer constructive cricism (Which I'm all for), well, that's not helpful. The horse has been beaten here over and over - it's dead.

And do you want to know why nothing gets done around here? Because the people who VOLUNTEER their time AFTER they spend a day working and trying to be with family get tired of the beating after a while. I am FIRMLY planted in this category. When George gave me the keys to the kingdom, I was excited to help fix the place up. Now? After the constant struggles - I feel like I'll get to it when I get to it. And if I don't get to it - so be it.

Just keep that in mind. We may be moving at a snail's pace, but we're moving - I keep putting the knife in and twisting to make sure of it. I'd love to have the place in move-in condition tomorrow, but it's not going to happen. Things take time. The garage is up - took a while, but we made it. Like it or not, the members pages probably won't be updated anymore. Nor will the top SC list. The garage will probably take over for those for the most part.

David Neibert
03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Pat,

I'm very pleased with the recent progress. Please don't get discouraged.

David

PS: Hi Ron...glad to see you posting again.