Body sheet metal mods

talonhead

Anyone ever done or heard of someone doing sheet metal mods to mn12 bodies? (besides the hood)

I was thinking of swelling the rear quarters 3/4-1 1/2". Maybe start the swell on the doors, shave the latches (leaving key pad), and bring it back in to keep the rear bumper cover (maybe change the b/c side angle a little to match swell) I haven't got around to trying to sketch it out and I don't have any kind of CAD program.

This all started while I was trying to get to sleep last night (didn't happen). So I started building an EFI-BBF/T56 conversion (from the ground up) to bad I can't record this stuff like a video and play it back later). Finished it up including final paint, DMV safety inspection, Emissions and Registration and test drive before I said puck it and hit the shower for work.
The good thing in doing it this way.....it's cheap, and no busted knuckles!!!!
Later ya'll,
MikeH

I haven't yet, but I plan on picking up one of these:
51cEV9GRxzL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'll use it to roll and pull the fenders slightly to fit some low offset wheels.

besides the shaved door handles, locks, gas door and antenna (now frenched in the quarter) we filled the body line and added Accord headlights so the fenders are half Honda and about 1.5" has been added to the hood so it looks right

I think George D widened his a little if I remember correctly

I have been thinking about doing some thing like this on mine to allow for wider wheels and tires.

flare.jpg

I wish someone else would do it 1st. :) After it is blended in and painted, should look good.

a wide body kit for a sc would be awsome!!!i thought about it myself,metal would be difficult but fiberglass would be so much easier and cheaper plus once you get a mold reproduction would be a lot easier.take alum. foil on part and then gorilla glue craft styrofoam together cut to shape then lay fiberglass mat over and resin.if you get a set done i would be interested in a set

bigpoppa save your money i wasted mine buying one and in the end a wood baseball bat works better. jack car up put bat on tire lower car slowly and turn tire back and fourth.

a wide body kit for a sc would be awsome!!!i thought about it myself,metal would be difficult but fiberglass would be so much easier and cheaper plus once you get a mold reproduction would be a lot easier.take alum. foil on part and then gorilla glue craft styrofoam together cut to shape then lay fiberglass mat over and resin.if you get a set done i would be interested in a set

It's been done.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58644&highlight=widebody

Thanks for the link Rob,
I wasn't thinking of something that drastic. Just a little swell. As my car isn't lowered, I wasn't thinking of doing anything to the front.
After looking at a lot of pics, I realized (while watchain a safety video at work that used a lot of NASCAR shots)that the sides are pretty slab-sided like NASCARs.
The body line presents a possible trouble item to get the right look.
Maybe I'll go look for some straight quarter panels. (Already got one set on the parts car)
MikeH

Back