shifter stick(alternative?)

Jovez

Does anyone happen to know the shifter stick length? I would measure mine but the car is 30 miles away. I was just wondering if you can shorten the throws even more by shortening the shift stick. I recently bought this for my GTO and it made a huge difference. I lined the holes up and it would fit perfect with the shifter on the SC. If its shorter it would be perfect to adapt, couple with the B&M and there would be shifting bliss. comments?

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/lousshortstick1.html

could be nice, but honestly the SC manual trannys shift hard and the shorter your shifter the harder it gets...I have just a B&M short throw and stock shifter shaft, I wouldnt go any shorter.

agreed when I installed my B&M shifter to my 1992 I was thinking holy crap I cant drive this thing anymore. the shorter shift is a result of the pivot point inside the shifter more than the length of the handle it self. the handle would make it more comfortable I bet though.

but like said before the stock shift lever and B&M is almost perfect. if you wana make it better then go out and get the heaviest shifter knob you can find. attaching weight to the top of the shifter will help it move on the fulcrum and make it seem to you like it shifts easier. I didnt believe that either till I worked with an engineer on the Nissan Altima SE-R project at nissan proving grounds in AZ. we experimented with several different weights of knobs and it does make a difference if only mentaly....

could be nice, but honestly the SC manual trannys shift hard and the shorter your shifter the harder it gets...I have just a B&M short throw and stock shifter shaft, I wouldnt go any shorter.

I actually think it's the opposite. The m5r2 shifts smoothly comparing it to the t56 in my other car. But either way. Looked like a decent alternative. Maybe not. I have just a stock rebuilt shifter on my xr7, I mite try one just for the heck of it, if not, I'll just send it back.

Back