PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing exhaust today...couple questions

MustangJake88
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Today I will most likely be putting down the order for the mandrel exhaust kit that was shown a few days ago. I am going with the true dual 2 1/2" from the manifolds back....now, on the mufflers, am I looking for any certain length/width on a muffler because of the tight space behind the rear bumper cover? I am just making 100 percent sure on all this before I go on a spending spree :cool: Thanks guys.

XxSlowpokexX
03-03-2010, 03:44 PM
16-18" long muffler the longer the better for drowning out resonation.

You'll also need a resonator two in two out. Dont go to large for fitment reasons.

Are you doing this yourself or having a shop do it?

MustangJake88
03-03-2010, 03:55 PM
16-18" long muffler the longer the better for drowning out resonation.

You'll also need a resonator two in two out. Dont go to large for fitment reasons.

Are you doing this yourself or having a shop do it?
I am buying everything I need and then taking it to a guy that does a really nice job on exhaust. I was going to use 2 1/2" catless downtubes, dual in/out Magnaflow resonator, into the tubing kit from Mandrel Exhaust Systems, and then Pypes mufflers. Everything is going to be in 2 1/2".

ricardoa1
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
I got the smaller 14" Pypes mufflers. FYI I did not want to risk going bigger on those, but the larger ones might fit. I dont want the extra weight so smaller for me.

Toms-SC
03-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I hope you like loud!

rbrown
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah mine is pretty quiet but I want it a bit less.

2-1/2 all the way . Down to cats to dynomax 2 in 2 out to dynomax mufflers.

Sounds pretty good and in fact Damon did one almost identically.
Next set though I am going with Borlas. The darn dynomax center is already rusted and rattling. They are stainless now but it is a lower grade of stainless than Borla uses. Borla just came out with a 2 in 2 out muffler that hasn't even been made yet, so I wait... 3 more weeks in fact.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95106&highlight=exhaust

Hock
03-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Is there a vid of your exhaust?

kenewagner
03-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I got the smaller 14" Pypes mufflers. FYI I did not want to risk going bigger on those, but the larger ones might fit. I dont want the extra weight so smaller for me.

Have you tried weight watchers:rolleyes: Me I put my car on steroids this winter and watched everything get big;)

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
03-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah mine is pretty quiet but I want it a bit less.

2-1/2 all the way . Down to cats to dynomax 2 in 2 out to dynomax mufflers.

Sounds pretty good and in fact Damon did one almost identically.
Next set though I am going with Borlas. The darn dynomax center is already rusted and rattling. They are stainless now but it is a lower grade of stainless than Borla uses. Borla just came out with a 2 in 2 out muffler that hasn't even been made yet, so I wait... 3 more weeks in fact.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95106&highlight=exhaust

SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY RESONATOR!!!! I think its due to the resonator collecting allot of condensation.. what a ~~~. Id never get a non stainless resonator again (allthough I never had this issue before)

XxSlowpokexX
03-04-2010, 09:43 AM
And 14" mufflers are pretty small..Rico likes loud obnoxious cars anyways

rbrown
03-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Is there a vid of your exhaust?

Yeah I thought it was on that thread....hmmm.

Let me find it.

rbrown
03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Sound (http://www.bunlimited.com/misc/DSCF4127.AVI)

Found the sound clip.