after a new engine..... no start? PROBLEM SOLVED THANKS GUYS

BECERRASC

hey guys i just installed my rebuilt engine in my car

and didn't work ... the car has been sitting for 14 months now

but i notice that when i turn the switch on the fuel pump didn't work..

so i check the F P relay and it's fine tested in other car works

so i did try to star up the engine anyway to see if could get some codes but

no when i put my scanner say vehicle not responding?????

now the only thing that is not from the car is the IRCM ?? could this be the couse??? or the fuel pump ....... or ????? thanks guys inertia switch fine checked...

Last edited:
IRCM's are SC specific. Make sure you are using one correct for your year.

Also, the basics: Does the CEL light come on?

You first need to make sure its getting fuel, then spark. Does it have fuel pressure at the rail? You can't get codes from the vehicle when the engine has not ran to create the codes.

Ircm

IRCM's are SC specific. Make sure you are using one correct for your year.

Also, the basics: Does the CEL light come on?

yes the CEL comes one but only for a few seconds ... it's normal until i get running and read's

so the IRCM can cause this???

yes the CEL comes one but only for a few seconds ... it's normal until i get running and read's

so the IRCM can cause this???

Before pulling the pump, you should try to figure out if something is wrong with the wiring. You can try grounding the EEC test port lead shown on this diagram and turning on the ignition..if pump and relay are functioning correctly the pump should turn on and stay running until shutting off the ignition.

fuel%20pump%20test.gif

David

problem solved

it was the ircm wire harness it's bad ... i was doing a wiggle test in all the harnesses and foud it at the IRCM thanks guy for your help thanks again now it running like a champ...:D

Back