Need some help with tranny side TV linkage

sizemoremk

I am actually working on putting an AOD in a 69 mustang with EFI...

I have what I beleive is a bent up bracket for the TV linkage on the side of the tranny, and I am also curious if maybe the boss for the bracket is in a different location on the tbird AODs, though I seriously doubt it??? I am fairly sure all I need is a new bracket.

I am mainly curious if the bracket is any different between the tbird and the mustang.

The TV lever on the tranny on the 87-93 mustang is a "C" shaped lever, while the tbird lever is more of a straight bar. So I'm curious if the bracket is different.

Does anyone know if the bracket is the same, or is someone in a good spot to take a picture of this bracket so I can see if it is any different?

The pictures below shows the mustang setup, and the tbird set, but I can't find a picture of the tbird bracket...

I ask here because I aint really on any mustang boards and this AOD came out of a SC anyways.

Thanks!!!

I have a bent up bracket I ordered off of

Attachments

• Tv_LEVER.jpg
    Tv_LEVER.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 41
  • aod_linkage_at_tranny.jpg
    aod_linkage_at_tranny.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 39
If you measure carefully you will find that both attachment balls are the same distance from the pivot poiint and in the same location so either can be used. I've used both in several applications, thunderbirds, V6s, V8s, and SCs as well as ford trucks, and all sorts of cars...it should not be a problem ............Dan

I don't know if this will help or not but here is my input.

When converting my 69 Cougar from the factory FMX auto over to a SC AOD, I utilized the Lokar TV cable to simplify the installation. I found that the TV lever and shift selector had to swap positions. The shift selector had to positioned in the 12:00 position and the Lokar TV lever in the 6:00. This way the factory shifter and linkage could be utilized. I did have to modify the factory shifter linkage some by cutting off one end and welding it back on 180 degrees.

I will be under the 69 Cougar on Sunday to change the governor out on the AOD. I'd be more than glad to take a few photos of what I'm talking about. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Good luck.

Bryan

Back