Gasket Leak ANY use BARS STOP LEAK OR GASKET QUICK FIX???

tctc1981hotmail

My car still drives great and has power just jerks evry no and again. They did a combustion test and said I have a gasket leak. Has anyone used head gasket quick fix or bars stop leak. All claim to be 90 percent or more effective as long as the gasket isn't blown. I just bought the car and drove it for one day I cant afford to get it fix think of selling it. Before I do should I try that to see or will it mess something up. HAS ANYONE USED IT BEFORE.

no, no no.. a million times no. trust me, it doesnt work for long if it does, and it will be a hell of a mess to clean up once you or the next unlucky fool gets ahold of it to do the job right. snake oil in a can. get a haynes manual, do some searching on here, and get your hands dirty. parts for a hg change arent expensive and doing it yourself isnt all that difficult. :)

The only times I have ever had any of that type of stuff work was when my heater core leaked. And even then it was only for a very short time. I have tried every ~gunk in a can~ to fix cracked blocks/blown HG's/etc, and NONE of them worked at any of those jobs.

Back