Dust shields for 13" front and 12" rear brakes

mnurminen

Is there a direct fit part for replacing the stock SC dust shields to accommodate the larger brakes?

I have the stock ones in place with the new brakes but I think I need to have the shields cover all of the brake discs for inspection.

Thanks

And if you intend to use the larger rotors on the rear remember to swap the dust shields so the outer edge lips are reversed on the shields or they will scrap against the new rotors and make noise. BTDT.

And if you intend to use the larger rotors on the rear remember to swap the dust shields so the outer edge lips are reversed on the shields or they will scrap against the new rotors and make noise. BTDT.

We are also required to have the lip face the rotor, but I machined the shield so it has clearance now

We are also required to have the lip face the rotor, but I machined the shield so it has clearance now
I did not need to machine the shield for clearance, I just did as Duffy stated and swapped the sides of the dust shields.

I did not need to machine the shield for clearance, I just did as Duffy stated and swapped the sides of the dust shields.

I think he said that the lip needs to face the rotor in which case it would not work to swap sides as then the lip would face inward instead of outward.

That's a pretty intense inspection if they look that closely at brake rotor dust shields!

I put mine on the opposite sides ... those bolts sure were a pain to get off with the hub still attached and loctite on the bolts. :rolleyes:

- Dan

Back