any clue where this belongs?

ScubaCoupe

I was spring cleaning the car and when i was inspecting under the hood I found this (see photos) on the drivers side just laying kinda between the ABS acumulator and the wheel well. not connected to nothing. It is about.... 8.5 inches long of vac line with a torque screw in one end.

If this belongs somewhere I'd like to know where lol not fun having disconnected stuff just laying around in the enginebay.

Also I noticed today with the a/c test that the clutch plate keeps popping in and out thus my idle keeps jumping up n down. Do I need a new a/c clutch?

well i was gponna upload photos but they are too big .... Ill link them in another post on this thread.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/sxtrapp/P1010232.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee29/sxtrapp/P1010233.jpg

Last edited:
with no pics i can't help but the only lines that fit that description that i can think of back there are the windshield washer lines and the vacuum lines that come from the tee on the driver side, one goes to boost plenum, the other goes to vac plenum.

that doesn't help we need the car for reference

i would check the two suggestions i posted above chances are its one of those two

sorry im not the genius but..

where would i look on the car? I know drivers side but i couldnt see any connectors that were bare.....

If your car has been running fine and your windshield washers both work, I wouldn't worry about it. Looks like maybe somebody was doing some vacuum testing (looking for leaks) in the past and lost their homemade plug. A screw or bolt in the end of a vacuum line is not a factory method of capping a hose (obviously!) :)

Also I noticed today with the a/c test that the clutch plate keeps popping in and out thus my idle keeps jumping up n down. Do I need a new a/c clutch?

Not sure on the hose but a AC cluch that cycles is usually a sign of low/high freon charge. In your case its probibly low. you can test by unpluging the high/low pressure switch and jumping the connector in the plug (located on the reciever/dryer pass side firewall) this will energize the AC cluch full time if it runs ok you need to add some freon.

Back