vacuum type question

k_schutte

Just realized something when I replied to someones thread...

My car used to have an idle issue, seemed like a vacuum leak but I could never track it down really. Now a month or two back I did a FMIC setup on it and ended up having to use those 90* rubber couplers. Well, the other day when I took it out, it idled GREAT, didn't jump around, didn't almost die then rev up a little then idle smooth then drop down and then rev up again etc.... Well, of course the 90* couplers are collapsing under the vacuum as I knew they would, Related?
It still sounds like there is a vacuum leak pretty bad. It sounds like it is coming from the drivers side and I can hear it pretty good even with the hood closed. Meaning with the hood open or closed it sounds pretty much the same. One reason I am having trouble finding the leak is because my dang passenger header has a leak and that is making it hard to hear much of anything really. I just remember putting that header on was a huge ~~~~ so I am not looking forward to taking it off, welding it up and then putting it back on. However I am going to do so in the next few weeks since I am awaiting parts for my Mach One and RX7...

For the record, I have some aluminum 90*s that will be here later this week to replace those 90* rubber couplers!

Back